We're located at 6301 Weddington-Monroe Rd., Wesley Chapel, NCSign in to contact Siler Presbyterian Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Presbyterian (EPC)
- has an average worship attendance of 260
Job at Siler Presbyterian Church
Director of Youth Ministries (Full-time with benefits)
The goal of the youth ministry at Siler is the transformation of youth into vibrant followers of Jesus. As part of this, the Director of Youth Ministries (DYM) will engage church leadership, staff, volunteers, and the congregation in his/her ministry to youth in grades six through twelve. The DYM will lead youth within Siler, and the local community, to learn what it means to have a relationship with Jesus, how to grow in faith, and in the importance of living out what we profess by loving and serving others. However, we think doing so should be fun for youth. So, we seek a DYM who can have fun with our students, but also walk alongside them to engage and challenge them spiritually. The DYM will report directly to the Pastor of Administration.
1. Clear testimony of faith in Jesus, evidenced by a vital and growing relationship with God
2. Passion for helping youth be transformed into fully devoted followers of Jesus who reach the lost and make disciples
3. Leads a life that youth parents would want their children to emulate
4. Adheres to the beliefs and values of Siler Presbyterian Church as outlined below:
a. We believe in One God, revealed in the three persons of the Trinity.
b. We believe in the absolute sovereignty of God.
c. We believe that Jesus Christ is the only Savior of humanity and there is no other way to the Father but through faith in Jesus Christ.
d. We believe in the call of the Christian faith to live our lives in obedience to the infallible Word of God.
e. We believe in the empowering presence and indwelling of the Holy Spirit to produce godliness in the life of the believer.
f. We believe that the Church is God’s chosen instrument to carry His message and purpose to the world. The Church broadly consists of all believers in all congregations who truly worship and serve the living God.
Education & Experience:
• Undergraduate degree preferred or currently being pursued, ideally including some formal theological training at a Bible college, seminary, or Christian institution • Experience leading, mentoring, and building relationships with youth and their families • Demonstrated commitment to personal and professional development; ongoing continuing education opportunities will be required
Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
• Develop, oversee, and provide leadership for a dynamic and comprehensive youth ministry for grades 6-12, providing activities relevant to both males and females • Organize and lead youth programs that incorporate worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, fellowship, and local/global outreach • Initiate the building of appropriate and God-honoring relationships with both male and female youth, parents, congregation, and church leadership • Be proactive and enthusiastic in effort to know and support the youth both inside and outside the church – in groups and individually (i.e. attending school events, etc.) • Regularly communicate (verbally and in print) the vision and goals, as well as detailed communication on programs and activities of the youth ministry to youth, parents, and congregants • Intentionally recruit and train adult volunteers to serve as needed in the youth ministry • Create opportunities for youth to serve and grow as leaders (i.e. internships, etc.) • Use various social media platforms to communicate with youth in ways meaningful and relevant to them; includes regular updating of youth website and seeking ways to continuously make it a better communication tool to youth and parents • Stay current with youth ministry practices and trends • Attend biweekly staff meeting and spend adequate time in the office to build effective working relationships with staff
• Relatable to youth, good sense of humor; knows when to be serious and when not to be • Compassionate heart for youth; actively pursues those going through difficult times or that have not been at church in some time • Approachable and available to youth and parents • Creative, thinks outside the box to seek ways to engage Siler youth and to reach youth in the community • Able to work collaboratively on a team and build and maintain positive working relationships with staff and congregants • Committed to the vision and mission of Siler Presbyterian Church, and to being involved in the life of the church and its local community • Teachable attitude, desires to grow both personally and professionally • Agreeable to a flexible work schedule that includes Sunday mornings and evenings, some regular weekday evenings, weekends, occasional extended trips, and other non-quantifiable events/activities necessary to form valuable relationships with youth • Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Own a vision for where the youth are to be spiritually, relationally, emotionally, etc. as vibrant disciples of Jesus when they graduate; develop and execute a plan for pursuing the vision • Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to teach the Bible in a compelling way to large and small group, and can train others to do so • Willing to do whatever needs to be done in the church, whether in your ministry area or not
For a description of the beliefs and values of Siler Presbyterian Church, a member of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC), visit www.silerchurch.org. To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Brian Martin at [email protected] The deadline to submit your information is Friday, March 27, 2020.
Siler is a multigenerational church located in a rapidly growing suburb of Charlotte, NC. We are part of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC) and our priorities as God’s church are to reach those not in a relationship with Jesus (in our local community and to the ends of the earth) and to make disciples who make disciples.