We're located at 8050 E. Mountain View Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85258Sign in to contact Mountain View Presbyterian Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Other
- has an average worship attendance of 600
Job at Mountain View Presbyterian Church
Director of Student Ministry
PURPOSE/MISSION OF THE POSITION:
To cultivate a community that helps every youth to respond to God’s call:
● By having a relationship with Christ through faith. ● By growing together in a compassionate and supportive community. ● By sharing God’s love with others. Specifics of the Role:
● Oversee the student ministry focusing on 6t h-12t h grade students. ● Work with the Associate Pastor for Family Ministries to build out the vision for MVPCs student ministry.
● Recruit, equip, and encourage adult leaders to carry out the vision. Equip volunteers to be in relational ministry to students. Lead and collaborate in partnership with volunteers, adult leaders,
and student leaders, for all ministries.
● Engage students where they’re at both physically (i.e. their sporting events and plays) and spiritually (provide safe places to grow and mature their faith in Jesus Christ).
● Communicate effectively with parents and students through multiple means. ● Oversee the organization of retreats, special events, and mission trips. ● Collaborate with the Associate Pastor for Family Ministries to create ministries to and for parents.
Who the Director Needs To Be:
The Director of Student Ministry needs to be someone with a deep and growing faith in Jesus Christ, someone committed to partnering in nurturing youth, and who is intentional with personal prayer and Bible study. Gifted at relational ministry, the Director of Student Ministry is emotionally mature and has healthy boundaries with the students to whom she/he ministers. This director understands relational ministry and easily connects with youth and has an understanding of current youth culture. He or she is a builder and equipper of others, handing off ministry responsibilities, as volunteer leadership is equipped. He or she knows and humbly accepts his/her “growing edges.” The Director of Student Ministry attends worship and is periodically involved in worship leadership at MVPC.
Mountain View Presbyterian Church has a rich history of engaging in local, international mission, and justice ministries. There is also a long history of Christ-centered worship in both traditional and contemporary forms. MVPC also has a unique ministry to families with special needs children who are included in the full life of the church. We are a church of many generations with a richness of senior adults who are the foundation of the church. We are a growing ECO congregation with an emphasis on both discipleship and outreach and are looking for someone to minister to youth through the same lens. MVPC is a church that seeks to be a family centered on Jesus Christ. We are a church that desires to see individuals of all ages serve alongside one another in what God is already doing in our church, our community, and beyond.