We're located at 3646 Central Ave, Charlotte, NC 28205Sign in to contact Christ Central Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Young Adult / College Ministry
- is Presbyterian (PCA)
- has an average worship attendance of 315
Job at Christ Central Church
Director of Youth and Young Adults
We are looking to hire an exemplary Director of Youth and Young Adults to lead and guide our diverse group of middle and high school students as well as our young adults (ages 18 – 25). The Director of Youth and Young Adults will strive to make all our young people understand the journey of our souls, encourage young people who are interested in the knowledge of God, and support them to develop their love for Him and for others. You will attend student functions at schools and home school events, grow relationships with the education community and provide students and their families with biblical counseling.
To be successful in this position, you need to provide our diverse group of young people with a place to belong that gives them the courage to be different and resilient to unhealthy peer pressure. Ideal candidates have a proficient understanding of the challenges young people face and are compassionate
Director of Youth and Young Adults Responsibilities
• Create and ignite excitement of a vision for youth and young adult ministry that aligns with Christ Central’s Vision, Mission and Value Statement. • Overseeing, growing and coordinating church's youth ministry. • Overseeing, growing and coordinating church’s young adult ministry. • Designing, overseeing and examining curriculum for all programs, events and classes. • Developing, overseeing and coordinating a team of volunteers and mentors for our youth and young adults. • Build, support, and mentor a team of volunteers for our youth and young adults while providing oversight and coordination of their activities. • Leading middle and high school students as well as young adults, to encourage their spiritual growth. • Interacting with students and young adults during Sunday services. • Developing positive relationships with students, young adults and their parents. • Sharing program plans through digital media outlets. • Displaying Christ-like approach and lifestyle and praying regularly for young people in the church and community. • Incorporating youth and young adults into various church ministries for His use. • Coordinating yearly youth retreats. • Coordinating yearly missions and outreach projects. • Attending and participating in staff meetings. • Regular contact with our middle school, high school or college students away at college or attending CCC Director of Youth and Young Adult Requirements:
Director of Youth and Young Adults
• Evident relationship with Jesus Christ. • Cultural Competency • Proficient understanding of challenges and needs of young people. • Excellent computer skills, and proficiency with social media. • Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written. • Excellent organizational skills. • Affinity for young people. • Ability to lead by example. • Available to work extended hours, evenings, over weekends, holidays, and on short notice. Desired Skills and Degrees:
• Bachelor's degree in theology, biblical studies or youth ministry. • Previous youth ministry experience.
Christ Central Church is a multi-ethnic PCA church located at 3646 Central Ave. in East Charlotte, close to the Plaza Midwood and NoDa neighborhoods. Our mission is to free people to enjoy God, hear his truth, grow in diverse community, and engage the world with the renewed dignity that comes from Christ.