We're located in Walnut Creek, CASign in to contact Open Table Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Non-denominational
- has an average worship attendance of 115
Job at Open Table Church
Church: Open Table Church (OTC), Walnut Creek California, opentablechurch.com (we're also on Facebook)
Church Size: 115 adults; 60 total kids (18 students 6th-12th grade)
Job Type: Full-Time or Part-Time
Job Title: Youth Pastor
Reports to the Lead Pastor
Job Type: Full-Time or Part-Time
Open Table Church wants to invest in our students. We’re seeking a spiritual leader with a passion to teach, shepherd, and build relationships with youth to help them know Christ and make him known to others. The Youth Pastor will be primarily responsible for pastoring our 6th-12th grade Youth Ministry (OTC Youth). Secondarily, if full-time, the Youth Pastor will assist the Lead Pastor in other pastoral duties which may include community outreach/service, events, pastoral care, preaching 5-7 times/year, and other assigned responsibilities.
- A spiritually mature ministry leader who is submitted to God’s Word and Spirit and is passionate about helping youth (6th-12th grade) know and follow Jesus
- Understands and supports OTC’s Mission and Values (provided upon request)
- Meets and maintains the Qualifications for Voting Members (provided upon request)
- Able to identify, recruit, train, and motivate leaders
- Strong interpersonal skills and relational IQ
- Proficient in strategic planning and organizational leadership
- Effective at communicating to students, parents, and leaders
- Bachelor's degree (in Biblical studies or equivalent preferred)
- Children’s and/or youth ministry experience
- Ordained or willing to pursue ordination through OTC
Lead and develop Youth Sunday Program (20%)
- Provide vision and leadership for OTC Youth Sunday program that aligns with the broader vision of OTC
- Create and maintain a safe environment that promotes spiritual formation while showing kids that God is good, loving, and fun.
- Organize, recruit, schedule, train, and oversee volunteers (teachers, helpers).
- Select and oversee the use of Biblical curriculum/teachings and activities with input from Lead Pastor.
- OTC Ministry areas: Primarily Growth, some Connect
- Work with the OTC Kids Leader (nursery-5th grade) to provide a comprehensive, unified nursery-12th grade plan that helps kids grow at each grade level.
Lead and develop OTC Youth Midweek Program (20%)
- Provide vision and leadership for OTC Youth midweek program that aligns with the broader vision of OTC
- Create and maintain a safe environment that promotes spiritual formation and engages culture in relevant ways.
- Invest and engage relationally with students and volunteers.
- Organize, recruit, schedule, train, and oversee volunteers (small group leaders, helpers, etc.).
- Preach and/or teach on a regular basis in partnership with other leaders that have a similar gifting.
- OTC Ministry areas: Primarily Connect, some Growth
Provide pastoral support and growth opportunities for students (20%)
- Develop and oversee a team that personally knows each student, provides pastoral support, and helps them identify and take next steps for growth.
- Organize regular outreach-oriented events for students in the community to be introduced to the church and the gospel, and to take steps toward knowing and following Jesus.
- Be personally present and active in middle school and high school activities to increase trust and ministry buy-in from students in our area.
- Organize outings (trips, camp, service projects)
- OTC Ministry areas: Grow, Serve, Connect
If full-time, fulfill other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor (40%)
- Provide leadership in areas of ministry where your gifting meets the needs and mission of OTC.
- Participate in church-wide mission, planning, events, and activities. This includes weekly staff meetings and monthly ministry team meetings.
- Occasional hospital visitations, home visitations, weddings, funerals, etc.
- If gifting aligns, preach in adult services 5-7 times per year.
Send your resume or questions to [email protected] If available, please include a video sample of your teaching/preaching. We look forward to connecting with you!
We're a small part of the kingdom work that God is doing in the Northern California Bay Area. We all have different stories, experiences with church, and perceptions about Jesus and his followers. At OTC, we keep church simple, remove the clutter, and focus on Jesus and his message as revealed in the Bible. Jesus spent time with all kinds of people around the table- Pharisees, sinners, and tax collectors. Then and now, he welcomes all to come and to follow him into fullness of life.