We're located at 5125 Drake Rd Cincinnati, OH 45243Sign in to contact Armstrong Chapel United Methodist Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is United Methodist
- has an average worship attendance of 300
Job at Armstrong Chapel United Methodist Church
Director of Student Ministry (7-12th Grades)
Director of Student Ministries Armstrong Chapel United Methodist Church (ACUMC) Position Description
Our Mission: To seek, know and share God’s love, grace and direction offered in Jesus Christ. Our Vision: Changing lives and our world through Jesus Christ. Our Identity: A Welcoming Community Alive in Serving Christ.
Armstrong Chapel United Methodist Church is seeking a full time, outgoing and dynamic leader to take the Youth Ministry program at ACUMC to new heights. Armstrong Chapel has for many years had a strong Youth program serving youth from Grade 7 through 12 and into college years. We are seeking a new leader who will bring a passion for Youth Ministry and young people to broaden the participation and deepen the Christian experience for our Youth in what we call Vertical Impact. This Youth Ministry Leader will play a key role in the Worship and Mission leadership of the church as a whole, integrating the Youth fully into our church life.
Building on the strong foundation of the current Vertical Impact program, grow and strengthen the ACUMC Youth Ministry program both from within the ACUMC congregation as well as from the surrounding communities.
The Director of Student Ministries at Armstrong Chapel UMC reports to the Senior Pastor and includes the following responsibilities;
• Developing, planning, and implementing a comprehensive ministry that attracts and welcomes students from Armstrong Chapel and the surrounding community to worship, learn, serve, and grow in the development of a life-long relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Continuing the development of programs, mission, ministries, and structures that foster a heart for intergenerational worship, and building a sustainable student ministry. • Teach and lead students, in spiritual growth and ministry that is Christ-centered, Biblically grounded, and in alignment with teachings of the United Methodist Church. • Building positive, supportive relationships with students and their families. • Develop effective connections with the Children’s Education program at ACUMC, in order to create the pipeline of children that will transition into Vertical Impact at Grade 7.
We expect that the new Youth Ministry Leader will prioritize activities such as those listed below in the first year.
1. Build solid relationships with current Vertical Impact participants in order to understand individual and collective needs.
2. Develop an understanding of other regional Youth Ministry programs, including their strengths and opportunities; also look for effective collaborative relationships with selected leaders of other programs.
3. Personally conduct outreach in the surrounding communities, where students may be found
4. In consultation with the VI Student leaders and ACUMC Lead Pastor, develop and implement the ministries and programs that can grow and sustain the Vertical Impact program at Armstrong Chapel UMC and in the surrounding communities.
The following skills, experiences and capabilities will be beneficial to the successful candidate
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience as a church Youth Leader is preferred.
- Experience in team or organization building and development is beneficial
- Outgoing and enthusiastic personality
- Passion for growing young people in their faith
- Dynamic, willing to take on and deliver on a challenge
- Candidates are not required to be ordained
Additional Information Execution of this role will involve building on current programs and ministry components (Vertical Impact). Current significant programs and ministries include the following. The new Leader may with alignment of the Senior Pastor make changes as necessary.
• Mid-Week (Wednesday) worship • Sunday Evening accountability based small groups for deeper discipleship. • Student Ministry mission trips and ministry opportunities. • Winter Retreat, Summer Retreat (Elevation), and/or other events and retreats. • Various student-led Bible studies, groups and mission projects (e.g. 5K Run/Walk) • A confirmation experience that covers the foundations of the Christian faith and aligns with the beliefs and teaching of United Methodism
Be present at and participate in Sunday worship services.
Lead and manage all student ministries within the financial resources provided by the ACUMC General Operating Budget, Event fees, and other fund raisers and donations approved by the Finance Committee.
Maintain excellent communication through the social media, Circuit Writer newsletter, Website, e-mail, Sunday bulletin, mailings, etc. to inform and update students, parents, and volunteers about various ministries and opportunities.
Understand, agree to and maintain compliance with (and supervise volunteer compliance with) Armstrong Chapel’s Child Protection Policy including health, safety and child protection standards.
Participate as a member of the pastoral/program staff team including staff meetings, retreats and other Church events as scheduled.
Serve on the Leadership Team and other committees and teams as needed to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
Other appropriate duties as assigned.
Reporting Relationships: 1. The Director of Student Ministries reports to the Lead/Senior Pastor.
The Director shall have access to the Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC) as requested by and with support from the Senior Pastor
Annual evaluation will be completed by the Senior Pastor in cooperation with assigned liaison persons from the SPRC.
The Director of Student Ministries is a full time position. The Director shall not accept regular outside employment without specific approval from the Staff Parish Relations Committee.
Unless explicitly authorized in writing by the SPRC, this position shall be subject to the terms of Armstrong Chapel United Methodist Church’s Employee Handbook.
Interested applicants should complete the employment application available online at armstrongchapel.org
Submit the application and a resume to lead pastor, David Brown via email at [email protected]
Who Are We?
• An intergenerational congregation of 700 members with average weekly attendance of 300 in traditional and contemporary services.
• Located in Indian Hill, a near-eastern suburb of Cincinnati, Ohio with approximately 245,000 people within a 20 minute drive of the church. Five excellent school districts exist within a ten minute drive.
• A church with numerous business and community leaders from the area.
• Student ministries currently reach approximately 20 to 40 youth weekly in grades 7 – 12 through a variety of activities and ministries.
• A church with a 200 year history; dedicated youth space, and three worship spaces.