We're located at 600 St. Andrews Road, Newport Beach, CA 92663Sign in to contact St Andrew's Presbyterian Church
This is a job in…
- Children's Ministry
- is Presbyterian
- has an average worship attendance of 3 thousand
Job at St Andrew's Presbyterian Church
Lead worship for children grades First through Sixth.
Part-Time, Hourly, 8-10 Hours Weekly - Wednesday nights, Saturday nights & Sunday mornings
Reports to: Directors of Children’s Ministries (Grades First - Sixth)
Apply Directly to: Gwen Reinauer - Director of Human Resources
REQUIRED: Cover Letter, Resume and completed St. Andrew’s Employment Application. Apply directly at: http://www.sapres.org/about/job-openings/
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITES:
Lead worship for children grades first through sixth.
• Worship Leading o Plan the music ahead of time.
o Enter the songs into the computer.
o Practice and perform with worship team.
o Recruit and train worship team members.
o Set-up and tear down all equipment.
o Lead children in prayer.
o Occasionally lead worship nights.
o Be a visible presence at the sign-in table and get to know the children and families.
• Vision and Planning o Monthly meeting with Children’s Directors to plan and vision cast.
o Plan worship events and song rotation (including new songs).
• Administration o Responsible timecard input and accuracy.
• Must be an active member of a Christian church. • Ability to lead people in prayer and other worship elements. • Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills. • Ability to work as a part of a team and build relationships and credibility with others. • Strong attention to detail with time-management skills and ability to adapt to evolving needs. • Works well with some last minute requests.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Experience working with elementary age children. • Must have previous experience leading worship with guitar or keyboard. • Experience with Mac computers.
• Experience with ProPresenter is a plus, but will train.
Our strategy is through Gather to Worship, Build up Followers, Send out Leaders.
Our Values are:
Relational Ministry - because real faith moves at the speed of friendship.
Extreme Hospitality - because real hope goes the extra mile.
All Generations Community - because real love involves the whole family of God.
Living Biblically because real followers of Jesus are students of His Word and servants of His way.
Life Marks are:
-Grace and Peace -Faith and Friendship -Generosity and Joy