We're located at 1704 Oberlin Road, Raleigh, NC 27608Sign in to contact White Memorial Presbyterian Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Presbyterian (PCUSA)
- has an average worship attendance of 925
Job at White Memorial Presbyterian Church
Our Director of High School and College Ministry will have a commitment to personal growth in their relationship with Jesus Christ, who is a believer in building relationships and will focus on making lasting, on-going connections with our youth.
Director of High School and College Ministry
WHITE MEMORIAL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
Raleigh, North Carolina
Job Summary The Director of High School Ministry helps connect, engage, and support high school youth and their families in order that they experience a loving community, grow in faith, and serve joyfully. The director will work with staff and volunteers to infuse a joyful and welcoming atmosphere into ministries that encourage youth to be actively involved in the life of the church.
1. Build relationships with youth by regularly engaging them in a variety of contexts, including their church, school and community. Examples include social media, campus visits, and informal small group “hang out” meetings.
2. Provide programming with a variety of activities both at church and away that will appeal and attract many different youth to participate in church activities. These include Sunday evening programming (PYC) church school classes, retreats, fundraisers, overnights or lock-ins, mission trips, conferences and small group ministry.
3. Ensure all volunteer positions are filled with people best gifted to serve in each role.
4. Provides spiritual leadership, training, support and encouragement to the adult and youth volunteers.
5. Provides leadership to team of lay leaders who will plan and implement events and partnerships for the church to minister to young adults who have recently graduated from the youth ministry.
1. Is available to regularly teach at events and works to become increasingly effective in communicating the essentials of the Christian faith to youth and their parents.
2. Partners with Youth Staff to ensure a smooth transition from Confirmation into the High School ministry.
3. Attends youth staff and Youth Committee on a regular basis, and Session meetings as needed.
1. Commitment to personal growth as a disciple of Jesus Christ.
2. Bachelor of Arts or the equivalent degree and/or experience in the field of youth ministry.
3. Solid understanding of the Christian faith.
Embrace. Worship. Serve. White Memorial Presbyterian Church, seated in the heart of Raleigh, NC, is a welcoming, joy-filled church family seeking to do just that: embrace, worship, and serve. Our youth staff feels a strong sense of call to bring these gifts into our youth ministry. The youth leadership team is compiled of volunteers who have a passion for youth and a desire to journey alongside our youth in their walks of faith.