We're located at 1704 Oberlin Road, Raleigh, NC 27608Sign in to contact White Memorial Presbyterian Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Presbyterian (PCUSA)
- has an average worship attendance of 925
Job at White Memorial Presbyterian Church
White Memorial Presbyterian Church is seeking a Christ-centered individual committed to serving the needs of our high school and college youth with passion, faith, hope and love.
Job Summary The Assistant Director of Youth Ministries helps connect, engage, and support high school youth, college students, and their families in order that they experience a loving community, grow in faith, and serve joyfully. The Assistant Director will work with the Director of Youth Ministries, youth, church staff and volunteers to infuse a joyful and welcoming atmosphere into ministries that encourage youth to be actively involved in the life of the church. The Assistant Director will have a particular focus in their work with the High School Ministry.
1. Under the direction of the Director of Youth Ministries, the Assistant Director will provide programming with a variety of activities both at church and away that will appeal and attract many different youth to participate in church activities, with particular emphasis on the high school ministry. These include Sunday evening programming (youth group and small groups), retreats, fundraisers, overnights or lock-ins, domestic mission trips, and youth conferences.
2. Build relationships with high school youth by regularly engaging them in a variety of contexts, including their church, school and community. Examples include social media, campus visits, and informal small group “hang out” meetings.
3. Ensure all high school ministry volunteer positions are filled with people best gifted to serve in each role.
4. Provides spiritual leadership, training, support and encouragement to the adult and youth volunteers.
1. Provides leadership to team of lay leaders who will plan and implement events and partnerships for the church to minister to young adults who have recently graduated from the youth ministry.
2. Is available to regularly teach at events and works to become increasingly effective in communicating the essentials of the Christian faith to youth and their parents.
3. Partners with Youth Staff to ensure a smooth transition from Confirmation into the High School ministry.
4. Attends youth staff and Youth Committee on a regular basis.
1. Commitment to personal growth as a disciple of Jesus Christ.
2. Bachelor of Arts or the equivalent degree and/or experience in the field of youth ministry.
3. Solid understanding of the Christian faith.
Embrace. Worship. Serve. White Memorial Presbyterian Church, seated in the heart of Raleigh, NC, is a welcoming, joy-filled church family seeking to do just that: embrace, worship, and serve. Our youth staff feels a strong sense of call to bring these gifts into our youth ministry. The youth leadership team is compiled of volunteers who have a passion for youth and a desire to journey alongside our youth in their walks of faith.