I live in Tempe, AZ, and am willing to relocate.Sign in to contact Robert Smith
I would like to work in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Assistant/Associate pastor
- Christian Education
- Family Ministry
- Young Adult / College Ministry
I would like to work at a…
- Baptist church
- Baptist (NBC of America) church
- Baptist (NBC USA) church
- Baptist (Southern) church
- Bible Church church
- Christian and Missionary Alliance (CMA) church
Robert Smith's résuméLast updated
Loves to disciple and grow the faith of students and their parents. Roughly nine years of combined volunteer and paid youth ministry experience. Seeking a youth pastor position. Looking to use my strong biblical exegesis and teaching skills.
Tempe, AZ 06/2018 - 04/2019
• Caregiver for elderly family member • Coordinated medical appointments • Assisted with meal preparation and medications.
Tax Associate (Seasonal)
H&R Block - Aurora, CO 12/2015 - 05/2016
• Responsible for Calling, scheduling and confirming appointments • Discussed tax history with clients and created strategies for filing • Updated on latest changes to tax code
Front Desk Clerk
Castle Inn - Castle Rock, CO 08/2012 - 05/2014
• Greeted guests upon entry and informed them of the amenities and popular points of interest. • Always helpful and answered guest’s questions or found help quickly. Never stumped by the same question twice. • Honed patience and ability to work with all types of people.
Sam’s Club - Aurora, CO 07/2011 - 07/2012
• Sold membership upgrades, early membership renewals and Sam’s Club Credit Cards • Performed all of the functions of a cashier. • Learned to work with immigrant families and around various language barriers. • Very successful in finding ways to communicate, either through supervisors or through other staff.
Denver Korean Church - Denver, CO 09/2010 - 06/2011
• Led the student ministries programs including planning events, teaching students, and training leaders. • Increased student attendance for the youth service from 15 to 24. • Able to engage absentee and inactive students to attend more consistently.
Christ Central United Methodist Church - Aurora, CO 09/2008 - 09/2010
• Oversaw student ministries programs including planning events, teaching students, and training leaders. • Increased the size of the program by 500%.
Temecula Valley Korean Presbyterian Church - Wildomar, CA 09/2007 - 06/2008
• In charge of the student ministries programs including planning events, teaching students, and training leaders.
Disciple Mission Church of Denver (PCA) - Denver, CO Summer of 2007
• Shadowed the English ministry pastor to learn about programs including planning events, teaching students, and training leaders. • Responsibilities increased toward the end of the internship, including preaching at youth services and leading the Friday night youth program.
Middle School Bible Study Teacher
Korean Emmanuel United Methodist Church – Englewood, CO 09/2001-04/2007
• Prepared and led the middle school Sunday morning Sunday School studies.
Denver Seminary - Littleton, CO
Master of Divinity with concentration in Youth and Family Ministries
University of Colorado - Boulder, CO
Bachelor of Science Business Administration
Canadian Reformed Theological Seminary - Hamilton, ON
Diploma of Theological Studies
Ability to speak Korean and basic ability to read and write.
Play Bass – Double and Electric