I live in North Carolina , and am willing to relocate.Sign in to contact Daniel Howell
I would like to work in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Assistant/Associate pastor
- Camp Ministry
- Family Ministry
I would like to work at a…
- Baptist church
- Baptist (Southern) church
- Non-denominational church
Daniel Howell's résuméLast updated
I have been discipling students for 10 years, I have a proven track record of making disciples who make disciples and with God's help I have grown every ministry and position I have had the responsibility to lead and now I'm looking for the next step.
Corporate Trainer and Ropes Course Leader August 2018 – Present
Galaxy Fun Park | 14460 Falls of Neuse Rd, Raleigh, NC 27614
• Lead training sessions for high school and collegiate students in regard to safe operations of all attractions and operations of the park. Provide ongoing training and certification to all operators of rides and ensure smooth operations. • Ensure safety of all RCI products through regular maintenance, communications, and inspections. • Mediate and assist in all communications between Galaxy Fun Park LLC, Ropes Courses Inc, and our insurance companies. • Keep all paperwork, logs, inventory, and rosters up to date and available to relevant parties • Work as an assistant manager and an attendant to ensure safe operations. Student Ministry Intern –January 2018 – Present. (Small Group Leader since November 2016)
Richland Creek Community Church | Burlington Mills Road, Wakefield NC, 27587
• Responsible for teaching scripture to middle school groups as well as teaching occasionally. • In charge of an outreach event in 2 local schools doing missions projects for a disciple now event. • Assist in planning and execution of large events including setup, teardown, and leadership • Counsel, Mentor, Train, and Disciple middle and high school students on a regular basis. • Set dates and plan fellowship, discipleship, and community events for the lifegroup I lead. • Act as one avenue of communications for the student ministry and ensure good communications about life group events. • Train and assist with the audiovisual team as needed. Site Coordinator August 2016 – April 2018, August 2019-April 2020
Kerr Family YMCA | 2500 Wakefield Pines Dr, Raleigh, NC 27614
• Implement Y programming and procedures including safety policies • Train a staff of 4 year round and assist in training and oversight of 20 seasonal staff. • Build relationships with parents, administrators, teachers, and students for program outreach. • Assure proper communications between leadership, parents, and counselors. • Coach, Train, and provide feedback for counselors in group dynamics, development topics, best practices, group discipline, and recreation games. • Write new manuals and curriculum for summer camp as head of programming for a camp or site. Teens Lead Counselor August 2013 – August 2016
YMCA of Greenville: Eastside Family YMCA | 1250 Taylors Rd, Taylors, SC 29687
• Plan and coordinate activities for Teens including camp, weekly field trips, daily activities, devotions and other YMCA standard enrichment subjects. • Ensure safety and proper procedures are used when on and off site. • Lead Recreation, Administer First Aide, and use best practice checkout procedures. • Drive the YMCA bus on bus route and to field trips. • Coordinate with Director and ensure program growth. (Took program from twelve teens to over forty and larger numbers for summer camp)
Summer Camp Staff May 2009 – August 2016
Lifeway Christian Resources | One LifeWay Plaza Nashville, TN 37234
Site Locations: Union University, Carson Newmann College, Ridgecrest Conference Center, The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary (SBTS), and Southwest Baptist University. (Different location every summer)
• Lead and taught Bible Study, Recreation, and Special Topics courses primarily to middle school. • Family Group leader for staff in 2012 responsible for leading staff through devotions and helping to take care of the collegiate guys in the hall. Student Ministry Intern/Small Group Leader – January 2009 – August 2016
Small Baptist Church | Greenville, SC, 29650
• Responsible for teaching, mentoring, and leading middle and high school groups including starting “small groups” for middle and high school students. • Planned and executed individual small group retreats including camp outs, missions projects, and lock-ins. In charge of all communications with parents and facilities staff for these events. • Lead student ministry to camp as the pastoral leader when both youth pastors were unable to. This included assisting with leading the youth praise band on a weekly basis and leading wednesday night youth service upon request. Operations and Production Manager August 2006 – May 2008
95.5 WNGR-LP Tigerville | 7801 N Tigerville Rd, Tigerville, SC 29688
• Trained and coached staff on production deadlines, submission procedures, and production quotas and maintaining manageable goals to meet requirements. • Worked to provide a successful and smooth station leadership transition. • Responsible for all technical operations of 95.5 WNGR-LP and ensuring FCC compliance.
SOUTHEASTERN BAPTIST THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY
May 2018| Masters of Divinity with a focus in Student Ministry
• Internship with Richland Creek Community Church • Served on NAMB team to Baltimore through Crossover NORTH GREENVILLE UNIVERSITY
May 2008| Bachelor of Arts in Media Broadcasting
• Mass Communication Crystal Award for Production (2008) • Media Producer of the year award for Audio Production (2006, 2007) • National Religious Broadcasters iNRB 3rd place winner in Field Video Production • Served as a greeter for Baptist Student Union. • Lambda Pi Eta: Communications Honor Society Member.
First Aide, AED, Oxygen Certified (until 2022)
Emergency Medical Administration Trained (until 2022)
Middle School Ministry Campference (October 2016)
Conclave Student Ministry Leaders Conference (February 2020)
I am a discipler of students first and foremost. It's what I do day in and day out. I teach the Bible and how to read and develop a relationship with Jesus as the most important thing there is in life. Who Jesus is to you is one of the most important questions you can answer in life. I counsel, mentor, shepherd and pray for each student in my care on a daily basis. If that's a skill then I have it. I can mention the technology I am good at everything from office to audiovisual and broadcasting equipment but I think the first and foremost thing that qualifies a person here is their relationship with Jesus and their heart for students.
I have plenty of references but out of respect for them I would prefer to send you a list individually if you would like one.