I live in Baton Rouge, LA, and am willing to relocate.Sign in to contact Brad Waggoner
I would like to work in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Children's Ministry
- Family Ministry
I would like to work at a…
- United Methodist church
- Non-denominational church
Brad Waggoner's résuméLast updated
I have more than 10 years in full time ministry and looking for a Church where I can help families grow in their faith.
Family Ministry Pastor Broadmoor UMC
• July 2019-Current
• August 2017-July 2019 Design, implement, and plan for all programs for children and teens in Kindergarten through 12th grade. Including Sunday morning youth and children’s programming, mission/outreach opportunities, and youth group.
• I oversee all volunteers for these programs. I also oversee staff members including our children’s associate, nursery coordinator, and children’s music coordinator.
• I create content and develop post for our social media accounts including YouTube, live streaming, Facebook, Instagram, and Tiktok.
• I organize and design special events and activities. These include small events catering to 10-25 people to large events catering to 1,000+.
Program Director The Open Door
• 2015 to May 2017 Design, implement, and plan for all programs for children and teens in Kindergarten through 12th grade. Network with community organizations and oversee large volunteer groups from mission teams and local universities. Recruit and train volunteers and summer staff.
• Programs include: After school program for children K-5, youth group, summer day camp, boys club, one on one mentoring, fitness and recreation programs, family and community events. • Designed a one-on-one mentoring program and received certification based on best practices from Mentor.
• Completed training and application process to receive APOST certification for our after school program.
Youth and Children’s Pastor Mattoon FUMC
• 2010 to 2015 Oversaw all aspects of K-12 ministry for more than 80 participants, including youth ministry, children’s mid-week service, and volunteer recruitment and training.
• Planned and led youth mission trips including the Church’s first international youth trip to Belize.
• Developed family ministry including service opportunities and events. • Coordinated a rebranding process for the Church. • Oversaw all Church social media accounts.
Case manager IV/Wraparound Facilitator Samaritan Center
• 2007 to 2010 Coordinated wraparound services for at risk children and their families. Provided mentoring, life skills, and tutoring for children.
• Developed treatment planning tools based on CANS, a strengths based assessment. This led to developing training to use with case managers on treatment planning and wraparound processes. I was invited to share this training with the state CA-PRTF grant providers from around the state.
• Collaborated with various agencies in the community including Department of Child Services, Probation, Legal System, Schools, Guardian ad Litem, and many others to provide the highest level of care and services to our families.
B.S. of Social Science from Oakland City University
Training Design & Delivery
Coaching & Mentoring
Social Media Management & Tech Proficient
Program & Event Planning
Staff Development & Recruitment