I live in Longs, SC, and am willing to relocate.Sign in to contact Coleen Cotton
I would like to work in…
- Children's Ministry
- Family Ministry
I would like to work at a…
- Baptist church
- Baptist (NBC of America) church
- Baptist (NBC USA) church
- Baptist (Southern) church
- Non-denominational church
Coleen Cotton's résuméLast updated
Experienced Children's Pastor seeking church who cares deeply about leading children to spiritual maturity, calling people to serve God sacrificially, and a desire for doing all we do with excellence!
• Provided leadership and cast vision to a ministry staff of 150 weekly volunteers and over 300 VBS volunteers.
• Designed and implemented programs with 80 – 200 children in average attendance, and up to 350 children at Vacation Bible School.
• Created ongoing training program for equipping volunteers with skills and ministry philosophy.
• Developed specialized ministry to 5-6th graders, to maximize their spiritual growth at that specific stage of life.
• Developed pre-natal and postnatal ministries to reach out to new families and develop a quality nursery ministry. • Wrote curriculums for summer camp, VBS, kid’s worship, and special events.
• Guided 4 churches in developing and implementing child safety and security policies, along with an ongoing Security Team to oversee the safety of the children in the children’s ministry and the church family, equipping a Team to respond to potentially dangerous situations, and maintain the highest possible standards of safety.
• Created Children's Divorce Recovery Program and trained staff to lead it. • Guided churches in writing, filming, and producing action-adventure movies for Vacation Bible Schools. • Assisted with organizing city-wide children’s events, and city-wide Preteen events. Assisted in organizing regional children’s ministry training events in TN and PA. • Provided counseling and support for parents in crisis, short-term crisis counseling and marriage counseling.
Houghton College, Houghton, NY - B.S. in Christian Education and Psychology
Richmont Graduate University, Chattanooga, TN - M.S. in Counseling
- Ministry Organization and Administration
- Volunteer philosophy, recruiting, and training
- Preteen Ministries, and Pre-Natal and post-natal ministries
- Church Safety and Security
- Crisis Counseling for families and children
1. Goal of Spiritual Maturity
2. Creative Teaching of God’s Word
3. Relationship – Based Ministry
4. Safety and Security a Priority
5. Parents as Primary Spiritual Leaders
6. Excellence in all we do for Christ