I live in Louisville, Ky , and am not willing to relocate.Sign in to contact Abigail Smith
I would like to work in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Administration / Coordination
- Camp Ministry
- Children's Ministry
- Christian Education
- Family Ministry
I would like to work at a…
- Bible Church church
- Christian and Missionary Alliance (CMA) church
- Church of God church
- Church of God in Christ church
- Congregational Church church
- Disciples of Christ church
- Episcopal church
- Presbyterian (EPC) church
- Presbyterian (PCA) church
- United Methodist church
- Non-denominational church
Abigail Smith's résuméLast updated
I am an energetic young woman who wants to help children, youth, and families with their relationship to God and listening to them.
Assistant Children’s Director July 11th-15th 2016
Larchmont Church of God, Louisville, Kentucky
• Responsible for Vacation Bible School for 40 children. • Helped plan the event, set up, and ensured the event ran smoothly. • Oversaw the Bible station each night • Taught a Bible lesson. • Led worship for the kids that was in sign language. • Performed skits Church Intern Summer 2016
Larchmont Church of God
• In charge of 30 children • Provided instructional lessons to the children. • Planned two events for the children. • Participated in hospital visits. • Led prayer meetings every Tuesday. Volunteer Jobs
Taylor University February 2014-May 2017
• Volunteered every Wednesday night • Swam with the athletes • Provided swim instructions along with Bible study and prayer • Volunteered for the “Take it to the Hoop” event in February 2017 Small Group Leader
I led a bible study for women on my floor every Sunday night (September 2015-May 2016)
Small Group Leader for International Students (September –December, 2014)
• Led a small group for international freshmen • Taught American Culture • Connected students to Taylor activities and events Camp Ministry at Country Lake through Southeast Christian Church for 3rd-5th graders (every summer from 2010-2013)
• Led devotions every morning • Led a group of 3rd-5th graders • Supervised children during water activities. Volunteered at Café 920 (from August 2010- July 2013, summer 2014, summer 2015)
• Made coffee drinks. • Worked the blenders and espresso machines. • Closed the cafe. Volunteered at Shine Prom (October 2011, October 2012, October 2013)
• Assisted photographer with photo shoots for each participant • Supervised the game sessions • Provided dress and make-up suppor
B.A. Biblical Literature Graduated in May 2017
Minor in Christian Educational Ministries
Taylor University, Upland, Indiana
Study Abroad: Greece and Italy January 2015
I planned events such as VBS and sunday mornings.
I have the gift of teaching.
I know how to work computers, a copier, a fax machine.
I worked with filing cabinets.
I organize events coming up.
I am good on the telephone and making calls.
I ran errands for the church.