I live in Bolivar, MO 65613, and am not willing to relocate.Sign in to contact Dustin Preston
I would like to work in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Music/Worship Ministry
- Young Adult / College Ministry
I would like to work at a…
- Baptist church
- Non-denominational church
- Other church
Dustin Preston's résuméLast updated
With many years of church leadership experience, I hold a growing passion for teaching the gospel to the next generation of disciples for Jesus Christ.
Minister of Worship, Freshwater Church Bolivar, 2016-Present.
- Responsibilities include leading musical worship for Sunday morning services and Wednesday night college ministry, planning practices and scheduling musicians, making set lists for the different worship nights, and being directly involved in the college ministry through mentoring and discipleship.
Worship/Youth Ministry Internship, Freshwater Church Bolivar, 2014-2016.
- Responsibilities included setting up chairs for Sunday mornings, sweeping and cleaning the church, being the first at the church and the last to leave, leading worship for Wednesday nights, scheduling musicians, and being involved with the various next generation ministries of the church.
Youth Ministry Apprenticeship, Southwest Baptist University, 2016.
- Responsibilities included keeping a notebook with all class information inside, visiting different churches and interviewing staff, keeping a personal journal, and meeting weekly to keep up with notebooks and go over role plays for possible situations of future conflict.
Community Connections Chair, Welcome Week, Southwest Baptist University, 2015.
- Responsibilities included reaching out to local businesses and churches in the community to be involved with Welcome Week, selling ads over the phone and face to face, being in charge of the service group known as “secret service”, and head of service projects where all incoming freshmen were sent out for community service outreach.
Mission Trip to Peru, 2015.
Worship Leader, KLIFE Bolivar, 2014-2015.
Worship Team Member, Southern Hills Baptist Church, 2014.
Mission Trip to Morocco, 2014.
Worship Team Member, Wellspring Baptist Church, 2013.
VBS volunteer, Disciple Now leader, youth retreat leader, supply worship leader, camp leader, youth speaker, and supply preacher, approximately 100 times in various churches and youth functions, 2006-Present.
Associate Pastor (minister of youth and worship), Halltown Baptist Church, 2012.
Bachelor of Science, Christian Ministry/Youth Ministry, Southwest Baptist University, Bolivar, Missouri, 2016.
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Strong study habits of scripture and devotional reading
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written, listening)
- Teaching and discipleship training
- Work well within a team setting
- Organized internally and externally
- Focused on and driven by the gospel
- Time management
- Innate sense of servant leadership
- Eager and willing to learn
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office, social media, Gmail, and other google applications such as Drive, Calendar, and Docs.
- Can type 50 words per minute
- Engaged to be married to Rebecca Vold
- Class E License as of June, 2017.
- First Aid/CPR Certified as of October, 2016
- CPI (Crisis Prevention Institute) Certified as of October, 2016
- Hobbies include music (listening and practicing), college sports, reading, Facebook Recipes, and watching movies.