I live in Chicago, IL, and am willing to relocate.Sign in to contact Epenito Ursos, Jr
I would like to work in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Assistant/Associate pastor
- Camp Ministry
- Children's Ministry
- Christian Education
I would like to work at a…
- Baptist (Southern) church
- Congregational Church church
- Disciples of Christ church
- Presbyterian (PCUSA) church
- United Church of Christ (UCC) church
- Non-denominational church
Epenito Ursos, Jr's résuméLast updated
A pastor who have learned to be Holy-Spirit dependent with the passion to continuously educate children, youth, and their families on the life and ministry of Jesus Christ using various teaching activities, creative fellowships, and innovative worship.
Youth Minister, March 2008 – September 2017 Mont Clare United Church of Christ (UCC) 6935 W. Medill Ave. Chicago, Illinois, USA 60707
- Formulated and implemented the church’s youth vision and execute strategies to achieve short-range and long-range spiritual and organizational goals and objectives.
- Increased commitment and participation of youth and children in the life and ministry of the church through leading worship, Bible studies, musical and short plays, and organizing summer events and fund-raising activities.
- Provided counseling to the youth, children, and their families on their faith journey and other issues that they may open up.
- Added more teaching and learning methods in Bible studies and fellowships.
- Spearheaded the youth short-term mission trips to the Philippines and immersed the youth with various communities and creating ministry partnerships with local churches and non-government organizations.
- Recruited, trained, and managed teachers and volunteers to implement the Vacation Bible School for all levels.
- Created, developed and maintained the church’s website and social media accounts.
- Assisted the senior pastor to achieve the church’s mission objectives, conduct church teaching, planned worship services, and took over church administration when the senior pastor was on leave, on vacation, or on sabbatical.
Program Facilitator Youth Peace Project, August 2007 to June 2008 Chicago Theological Seminary (CTS)1407 E. 60th St. Chicago, Illinois, USA
The DEPTH Youth Peace Project is a program focused on training young people on peacemaking in the community and opportunities to explore their faith, religious identity and sense of purpose or call in small supportive groups that nourish and challenge their understanding of God’s claims on their lives.
- Part of a seven-person team in teaching, planning and implementing the programs objectives with 12 high school youth student interns (YSI) in the Humboldt Park neighborhood in Chicago. - Mentored an assigned YSI each month for him/her to share one’s journey in the project and to counsel the youth when necessary if some issues arise. - Organized with the team and YSI’s a block party at the Humboldt Park community collaborating with both government and non-government organizations.
Academic Instructor / Faculty, June 2002 to March 2007 Brokenshire College Madapo Hills, Davao City, Philippines
- Taught in and outside the classroom college Psychology subjects.
- Improved on the current Values and Christian Education subjects in the basic education department to include experiences beyond the classroom improving students’ attention to the lessons being taught.
- Created the curriculum and facilitated the middle school and high school spiritual retreat programs.
- Assisted the school chaplain in preparing devotions, worship services, and other religious-related activities of the college.
Academic Instructor / Faculty, (part-time) June 2002 to March 2007 Ateneo de Davao University Jacinto St. and Roxas Blvd., Davao City, Philippines
- Taught in the Graduate School in the University’s College of Arts and Sciences instructed and worked with graduate students in the areas of Counseling Psychology, Environmental Psychology, and Social-Community Psychology.
- Expanded the curricula to include structured learning experiences, theories application, and community immersion.
Church Work Experience, April 2002 to August 2007 United Church of Christ in the Philippines Davao City, Philippines
- Held a volunteer position as coordinator for high school programs.
- Develop the curriculum for children’s and youth summer camps and spiritual retreats.
- Served as vice chairperson in the board of trustees for the church-run elementary school.
- Served as member of the church’s Christian Education Committee.
Resident Counselor, June 1999 to March 2002 Doltz Hall Men’s Dormitory Silliman University Dumaguete City, Philippines
- Manage one of the three floors of the dormitory with an average of 40 residents per school year.
- Supervised the academics of the residents, counseled them if needed, and worked with fellow dormitory resident counselors, managers, and concerned departments in planning and implementing the dormitory programs of the University.
Master of Divinity, 2010
Chicago Theological Seminary
1407 E. 60th St. Chicago Illinois, USA
Master of Arts in Psychology, 2002
Bachelor of Science, 1998
Silliman University, Dumaguete City, Philippines
- Leadership, initiative, event planning, creative and innovative teaching
- Work with fellow church leaders to create a welcoming and safe worship space
- Ability to balance a variety of tasks and demands
- Biblical interpretation and Christian theology
- Organizational, managerial, problem solving, oral and written communication skills
- Provide spiritual counseling and guidance