I live in Becker MN, and am willing to relocate.Sign in to contact Joshua Drury
I would like to work in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
I would like to work at a…
- Baptist church
- Non-denominational church
- Other church
Joshua Drury's résuméLast updated
Discipleship occurs in the context of meaningful relationships.
YOUTH MINISTRY INTERN / INTERIM YOUTH PASTOR | ANNANDALE EVANGELICAL FREE CHURCH | MAY 2018 – AUGUST 2018
· Plan, lead, and teach Wednesday night youth group. · Take on the role of Youth Pastor while the search committee looks for a full time youth pastor. · Meet with students individually and implement community in the youth group. · Lead devotionals at events and Bible study. · Run annual week long ice cream booth fundraiser at the Annandale Carnival.
MIDDLE SCHOOL INTERN | CHRIST CHURCH LAKE FOREST | SEPTEMBER 2016 - MAY 2018
· Plan, lead, and teach Saturday night Middle School group. · Disciple students through mentorship. · Lead small groups for middle school three times a week.
ELEVATE VOLUNTEER | BECKER EVANGELICAL FREE CHURCH | AUGUST 2015 – PRESENT
· Middle school and high school summer camp leader. · Speaker at August Blast, Elevate, Breakfast Shout, and Controlled Chaos.
SUMMER SLAM COORDIANTOR | BECKER EVANGELICAL FREE CHURCH | JUNE – AUGUST 2017
· In charge of the church’s summer ministry “Summer Slam”. · Plan, facilitate and preach on the Book of James. · Recruit and disciple small group leaders. · Delegate responsibilities among leaders.
SHYG LEADER | CHRIST CHURCH LAKE FOREST | JANUARY 2016 – MAY 2017
· Small group leader for high school students. · Attend and assist in events and retreats.
CAMPUS LIFE LEADER | YFC STEVENSON | AUGUST – DECEMBER 2015
· Lead small group for high school students. · Assist in weekly Club meetings. · Connect with students outside of Club.
BACHELOR OF ARTS | EXPECTED MAY 2019 | TRINITY INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY
· Major: Christian Ministry - Youth Ministry Emphasis · Minor: Bible · Related coursework: Foundations of Youth Ministry, Relational Youth Ministry, Ministry Programming, Ministry Leadership, Christian Doctrine, Teaching the Bible, Christian Education, Psychology of Adolescence.
Discipleship: Discipleship occurs in the context of meaningful relationships.
Personal Relationships, one on ones, asking meaningful questions, using response leads.
I love Jesus and my life goal is that hopeless teenagers learn about the hope of Jesus and how he died for us and transforms our lives every day.
I love people and love training up volunteers.
I love parents and think that they have the biggest impact on their childrens lives.
Christ found me at the age of four. I was so blessed to be born the son of a pastor. My dad discipled me and taught me about the love of Christ. Throughout my life God just constantly reminds me how much he loves me and about the power of the Gospel! Jesus dying for us is the most important thing! He has taught me that people need Jesus more than anything! The one main thing that I have taken out of life is just my need for Jesus. One of the most defining moments of my spiritual life was when I looked in the mirror and really truly understood my depravity and my need for God. No matter how much I struggle, no matter how far I can feel like I have fallen from God, his grace is enough and he is still there and he loves me. He loves me so much that he sent his own son to die for that! Titus 3:3-8 was a huge help for me in this time. The part that really resonated with me is where it says that Jesus came not because of what we have done but because of his mercy. I really learned that I could not live this life alone. I needed Jesus. That is good news! God called me to youth ministry when I was in high school. My time in the youth group was so important to me. I saw my youth pastor pour his heart into serving Jesus and that was such a good example for me. Through my life I have seen a lot of teenagers who have no hope. I want to teach them about the hope that comes through knowing and following Jesus! Because without Jesus I am nothing. The Bible has also just been a huge impact on my life. It is such a blessing that we have God’s Word and I want to help students to fall in love with knowing Jesus through the Bible. God has constantly been faithful to me through my life and he has blessed me beyond belief with friends, mentors, and family that push me toward him. He has reminded me of my need for him and he has allowed me to be in a continuous intimate relationship with him. I am everyday continuing to discover how much God loves me and pursues me! It is so powerful! God is good all the time.
Call and Commitment to Ministry
Ever since I was a child I loved talking about Jesus. I really looked up to my dad who is a pastor and being a pastor was something that I was always interested in. When I was in high school I really felt the pull to do youth ministry. I started to volunteer and teach at youth group and I fell in love with preaching. I feel most connected to the Holy Spirit when I am proclaiming the perfect Word of God to middle and high school students.
Philosophy of Ministry
We are called to make disciples of all nations and to be fishers of men. We do this through imitating Christ and loving people like Christ loves his bride the Church. We are to make disciples who go out and multiply. The Gospel should be the center of all ministry and everything should point to Jesus.
Communication and being personable are key. Pouring into my leaders is one of the most important things because they are the ones who will in turn disciple and mentor the students. I love to preach the word and make it accessible for teenagers.
Key life verses
1 Thessalonians 2:8 - We loved you so much that we shared with you not only God’s Good News but our own lives, too.
Luke 6:45 - A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.
Becker Evangelical Free Church
Annandale Evangelical Free Church
Professor of Christian Ministries
Trinity International University, Deerfield, IL