We're located in Brentwood, TNSign in to contact Center for Youth Ministry Training
This is a job in…
- is Other
Job at Center for Youth Ministry Training
Youth Director- Includes Seminary + Job
Graduate Resident Youth Minister University UMC, Baton Rouge, LA
Fulfill your call to youth or children’s ministry through the Graduate Residency in Youth Ministry at the Center for Youth Ministry Training (CYMT). The Graduate Resident Youth Minister is a unique professional ministry opportunity that provides you with a job at a local ministry setting while both training and coaching you as you earn your Masters of Arts in Youth Ministry through a CYMT partner seminary. CYMT offers regional campuses in Tennessee and Texas through partnerships with Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary and our new Nashville Extension Campus of APTS. Acceptance to the program is competitive, as the cohort spots are limited in each region. The cost to the resident is only $2,000 for the 3-year program.
Graduate Residents will receive:
Full scholarship for tuition, books, and housing
Masters degree from accredited seminary
A job as a youth minister in a local church/nonprofit/camping ministry
$1,000 per month stipend Veteran youth ministry coach
University UMC Youth Director Job Description:
Supervisor: Pastor Part-Time Position: 20 hours a week
Qualifications needed: Mature Christian (post college), with a heart and passion for Christ, the UMC, and Youth Ministries. Must have good people skills and ability to work with volunteers to organize and carry out student ministries and activities for the church. Must be able to use technology and social media for ministry purposes.
• college degree preferably
• prior youth ministry experience
• familiarity with United Methodist Church theology and structure
• strong organizational and communication skills • dynamic and self-motivated
- Oversee the students in Sunday School classes from 6th-12th.
- Recruit teachers for all classes and provide materials, resources, and training for teachers as needed.
- Recruit and work with a volunteer Youth Ministry Team to organize and carry out the student ministries of UUMC.
- Attend an annual CEU event for Student Ministry. Keep abreast of ministry trends and literature.
- Utilize online directory as the primary source for information on families of students and keep updated with the help of the administrative assistant to the pastors. Call on and meet regularly with youth and parents to involve them in the ministry of the church.
- Publicize all events to the larger church community with the assistance of the administrative assistant for church communication. Make a special effort to get youth members and visitors to the church involved in our youth ministry.
- Work closely with the staff, on calendaring and planning events to avoid scheduling conflicts.
Participate in the weekly Staff Meeting, as well as Ministry Team and Church Council Meetings.
- Ensure that Safe Sanctuary policies are observed with all volunteers and staff. Make sure buildings are opened and closed as needed for youth events. Train volunteers annually on Safe Sanctuary policies. AT ALL TIMES Safe Sanctuary policies must be observed.
- Develop the youth budget line items annually. Observe financial policies on expense reporting. Keep informed as to budget and fund raising accounts.
- Other UUMC duties as needed and agreed upon with the supervisor and SPRC.
-Focus on (but not limited to) middle school aged students, with the hopes of establishing a program for them to grow into. -Chaperone youth interested in DCYM, Youth Ignite, CCYM, Junior High Retreat, Senior High Retreat, and 5th Sundays with other Youth Groups. -Create an annual mission trip for students. -Assist in worship as scheduled. -Develop service and mission opportunities for students. -Create fellowship events for youth; retreats, off-campus events, parties, etc... -Work with Children’s director to ease transition from Children to Youth.
Core Components of the Residency: Cohort: Residents are part of a dynamic, group-learning community that provides encouragement and support as they walk through ministry together. Coaching: Residents receive one-on-one coaching from a youth ministry veteran to help master and apply critical skills. Classroom: In retreat-style, four times per semester, residents will be challenged to think theologically about ministry and empowered to create ministry programs that evoke deep, life-changing Christian faith. Church/Camp/Nonprofit: Residents get hands-on experience in a local church/camp/nonprofit where they serve 25 hours weekly as a youth or children’s minister. Care: Residents receive pastoral care and encouragement, empowering them to seek wholeness in their life.
Distinct call to youth ministry
Ministry experience working with youth
CYMT partners with congregations and individuals representing the theological views and diversity of mainline Protestant Christianity. We partner with mainline Protestant denominations including the United Methodist Church, Presbyterian (PCUSA), Cumberland Presbyterian, Lutheran (ELCA), Episcopal, Disciples of Christ, American Baptist, and Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. Our partner seminary is Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary.
Apply online at www.cymt.org
Complete online application
Pay $50 application fee
Provide: 3 references (professor, ministry, personal), transcripts, photo, proof of insurance, complete background check
Early admission: November 15
Final: Still accepting applications until filled.
Contact: Center for Youth Ministry Training Office: 615.823.7595
Dea Wathen, Admissions Director: [email protected]
The Center for Youth Ministry Training is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that exists to equip youth ministers and churches to develop theologically informed and practically effective youth ministries. Learn more at cymt.org.
Job Type: Full-time
Center for Youth Ministry Training
The CYMT Graduate Resident Youth Minister is a unique professional ministry opportunity that provides you with a job at a local camp, church, or nonprofit, while both training and coaching you as you earn your Masters of Arts in Youth Ministry through our partner seminary, Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary.