We're located in Brentwood, TNSign in to contact Center for Youth Ministry Training
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Other
Job at Center for Youth Ministry Training
Graduate Resident Youth Minister
Graduate Resident Youth Minister Opening
In partnership with the Center for Youth Ministry Training’s Graduate Residency Program, Bryn Mawr Presbyterian Church, in Bryn Mawr, PA, is looking for an enthusiastic individual, passionate about youth ministry, with an open and affirming theology of LGBTQ+ people, who is excited to share the gospel with teenagers. This is a part-time, 25 hours a week Youth Ministry Associate position. Bryn Mawr Presbyterian is a large PC(USA) church and is an open and affirming congregation, inviting all people to witness the reconciling love of God in Jesus Christ. Responsibilities at BMPC would include coordinating, teaching, directing communications, all in conjunction with the Associate Pastor for Youth and Their Families.
The Center for Youth Ministry Training’s Graduate Residency in Youth Ministry program is designed to wholly equip today’s professional youth minister. During the 3-year program, residents receive practical training and coaching from CYMT and theological education through Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary, where they earn a Master of Arts in Youth Ministry (MAYM) degree.
In this position, the resident will strengthen his or her education through work experience as Bryn Mawr’s youth minister. Additionally, CYMT residents expand their horizons on the practical implementation of ministry through community-based learning and one-on-one coaching. A more detailed job description is listed below.
Interested Applicants Contact: Tiffany Malone, Recruiting Coordinator: [email protected] or 615-823-7595
CYMT Graduate Residency Expectations
Position Title: Youth Ministry Associate
Reports to: CYMT Coach & Bryn Mawr’s Associate Pastor for Youth and Their Families
Location: Bryn Mawr Presbyterian Church
Hours: Approx. 25 hours/week
Position Summary: Provide support for the Associate Pastor for Youth and their Families. This position is crucial to supporting middle school through high school aged young adults, their trips, and their programming. This position also completes other administrative duties such as managing registrations and completing voucher payments in a timely manner.
● To organize and play a leadership role in youth programs including Sunday School, Youth
Small Groups, and Youth Group
● To recruit and help train volunteers for all youth programs ● To work with the Youth Ministry Team to design and implement the vision, goals, and ministry of the Church.
● To participate in appropriate Church committee and staff meetings as directed by the Church’s leadership
● Work with the Youth Ministry Team to design and plan youth retreats, mission projects & trips, outreach events, etc. ● Create and distribute timely communications to youth and their parents including Youth Newsletter, Website, etc., as appropriate
● Youth Outreach: School & activity visitations, school presence, sports, etc. ● Visitor Follow up: Create with Youth Ministry Team a visitor follow-up program ● Other assigned responsibilities from CYMT The Youth Director position will be a 25-hour a week position. The beginning date is to be
mutually agreed upon by the Youth Director, Church, and CYMT.
In addition to serving as the Youth Director at their appointed partner church, as a part of the
1. Attend CYMT Orientation Retreats
2. Participate fully in all Master of Arts in Youth Ministry Intensives
3. Participate in weekly class discussion groups
4. Meet weekly with CYMT staff for coaching
5. Complete all class work in above average manner
Vacation: 2 weeks vacation (10 work days). Vacation can be taken at any time that does not conflict with responsibilities at the partner ministry, CYMT, or classes.
Insurance: Residents will be responsible for providing their own health and auto insurance
The CYMT Graduate Resident Youth Minister is a unique professional ministry opportunity that provides you with a job at a local camp, church, or nonprofit, while both training and coaching you as you earn your Masters of Arts in Youth Ministry through our partner seminary, Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary.