We're located at 2220 High House Road, Cary, NCSign in to contact Cornerstone Presbyterian Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Presbyterian (PCUSA)
- has an average worship attendance of 159
Job at Cornerstone Presbyterian Church
Director of Youth Ministries
Title: Youth Director
Part-time: 12 Hours Per Week
Location: Cary, NC
Position Summary: Cornerstone Presbyterian is a Christ-centric church looking to hire an energized Youth Director. In this role, you will build, develop, and lead our Junior High (6-8th grade) and High School (9-12th grade) student ministry programs.
Our Youth Group’s motto is “Come as you are, where you are,” meaning we seek to foster a welcoming and fun environment that allows teens to grow their relationship with Christ, regardless of where they are in their spiritual journey. In an effort to live out CPC’s Mission to, “Reflect Christ, Grow Together, and, Bring God Joy,” our Youth Group focuses on three core programming areas: Youth Group & Sunday School, Service Project, as well as Special Events.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree • Evident relationship with Jesus Christ • Passion for leading and mentoring young men and women • Demonstrates strong commitment to faith, and leads by example in personal life • Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal • Relates and embraces people of all backgrounds
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead and coordinate weekly Youth Group meetings/events (Sundays 5:30-7pm) • Plan and organize Sunday school curriculum (Sundays 10-11am) • Attend weekly staff meetings (Tuesdays 12-12:45pm) • Attend Sunday morning worship (Sundays 11am-12pm) • Recruit new youth members and develop current youth membership • Communicate with parents and church members concerning the content of Student Ministry curriculum, ministry needs, and personal discipleship through newsletters,
face to face meetings, etc.
• Plan and coordinate special events, service projects, fundraisers, and other activities for the youth group
• Appropriately utilize and account for the Youth Ministry budget, income, and Expenditures
For more information, please contact [email protected]
Cornerstone is looking for a part-time (20 Hours a week) youth director. We are a young church, chartering in 1998. We sit on 13 acres of beautiful land that can be used for many different activities. We are the only mainline church on the western side of Cary. We are in an area of Cary, NC that is growing rapidly because of Research Triangle Park. We have members from all over the world: China, India, Ghana, South Africa, Brazil, the United Kingdom, Russia, and all over the United States. Our membership has an average age in the low 50's, so we tend to be younger than many churches. We have two services, one traditional at 9:00 and a blended service at 11:00. Our music director is a jazz pianist. We have excellent musians to accompany him, with a stand-up bass player, a drummer, acoustic guitar and electric guitar and saxophone, as well as wonderful vocalists. Our youth group, 6th-12th grade, meets each week from 5-7 PM. Our senior high go on a mission trip each summer. We have gone to Chattanooga, Nashville, New Orleans, western North Carolina, and this past summer we went to Costa Rica. Our teenagers come to us from many different high schools and middle schools. Each fall our teenagers go on a retreat to the mountains in NC. The youth group leads worship, youth Sunday, the last week of February. We allow our graduating seniors to preach 3-5 minute homilies at the end of the school year. Our county school system, Wake county, has some year round elementary and middle schools, which means we have some of our middle school kids in school during the summer.