We're located in Denver, NCSign in to contact Lake Forest Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Presbyterian (EPC)
- has an average worship attendance of 2 thousand
Job at Lake Forest Church
About the Role:
With solid faith, and an awareness of youth culture, the ideal candidate exudes an energy that draws students in and empowers them to pursue Jesus. This leader will provide oversight and daily direction to all aspects of Youth Ministry for kids grades 6-12 while also being a champion of Lake Forest’s vision and values throughout youth ministry. This person must have the skills to encourage and empower leaders, build and unleash teams, have a strong drive, self-initiative, and relational capacity.
The Youth Pastor/Ministry Leader will work closely with Lake Forest staff team, an innovative group of ministry leaders collaborating in creative ways to help our region experience the hope and transformation that Jesus offers. With regular coaching and mentoring from the Lead Pastor, this person will help to ensure that the vision and values of Lake Forest are finding fresh expressions in our strategies for reaching youth. While it’s not the primary role of this position, there are many additional and exciting opportunities to lead on a church-wide scale as he/she grows in his/her own gifts and calling.
1. Directs and Leads all “re:mix” youth programming (small groups, large events, mission trips, and retreats)
2. Builds volunteer teams through recruiting, coaching, and supporting of adult leaders
3. Partners with parents through vision casting and consistent communication
4. Works within the whole ministry of the church to help integrate students into the life & mission of Lake Forest Church.
5. Builds a culture of safety and family, where students experience the love Jesus and the support of spiritual friendship.
6. Champions the mission of reaching “one more student” to help them discover and live out their role in God’s Story.
This person will report directly to the LFC-WestLake Lead Pastor. A collegial spirit is a must as the Youth Pastor/Ministry Leader will work regularly with the other staff at LFC.
This staff position is a full-time position, qualifying for benefits in addition to salary. The salary is in keeping with regional salaries for similar roles in churches of our size.
Does that sound awesome to you? Here’s how to take the next step: Send Resume to [email protected]
Founded in February 2014, Lake Forest Church – WestLake is a part of the Lake Forest Family of Churches (www.lakeforest.org) in the N. Charlotte, NC region. We worship in two services with an average attendance of 400 people. In August of 2021, we will move into our brand new 18,000 sq/ft facility on St. James Road in Denver, NC. (Learn more at Rooted at WestLake.) This new facility, and the strategic addition of this new role, will aid us as we continue to grow and respond to the missional needs of the rapidly growing community around us.