We're located at 724 E. South River Street, Appleton WISign in to contact FIRST CONGREGATIONAL UCC
This is a job in…
- Administration / Coordination
- is United Church of Christ (UCC)
- has an average worship attendance of 350
Job at FIRST CONGREGATIONAL UCC
Audio-Visual Coordinator, in collaboration with staff and volunteers, will manage our live streams, and produce high quality video capsules of our shared life here at First Congregational UCC.
Hours: 15 hours per week, four hours on Sunday, with occasional weeknight services & events.
Starting salary: $21/hour
We’re a dynamic team serving a large community in the Fox Valley region of Wisconsin. Positioned on beautiful lands adjacent to the Fox River, we are a welcoming and open work space. We care for one another and our congregation cares for us while we try to do the work of sharing love and building justice. Our team is a nimble group of talented, flexible, collaborative folks who are eager to welcome our new teammate to the administrative team that help make ministry happen!
You’re able to multi-task and you’re a quick, resourceful learner. You enjoy problem solving with volunteers from the congregation and staff. You understand or can quickly pick up the rhythm of worship services. You strive for high quality in all your work and are dedicated to producing meaningful end products for our online viewership. You’ve got talent, experience, and produce consistent results.
About the job:
You’ll serve as our point person for all audio-visual elements of worship, including special services, weddings, funerals, and congregational events. In collaboration with staff and volunteers, you’ll manage our live streams, and produce high quality video capsules of our shared life here at First Congregational UCC.
BIPOC and LGBTQ persons are encouraged to apply. Participation in the life of the church itself is not a job requirement or expectation, but you are certainly welcome.
Sound good? See below for details!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include, but are not limited to, the following:
• In collaboration with AV volunteers, prep the Sanctuary, ensuring all microphones, cameras, and other equipment are set and prepared for worship • Coordinate with worship staff and clergy on weekly worship script • Record and stream the AV elements of worship using a variety of camera and sound engineering techniques • Seamlessly incorporate pre-recorded audio and visual elements of worship • Monitor livestream comments and adjust as problems arise • Manage clean-up and storage of AV technology equipment used in worship • Collaborate with technology team regarding any need for upgrades or repairs of the systems in use
• In collaboration with worship staff and clergy, manage live stream and AV elements for off-Sunday liturgical services (Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Blue Christmas, etc.) Video creation:
• In collaboration with communications administrator, worship staff, clergy, and lay volunteers, create brief video capsules of events in the life of the church: fellowship gatherings, mission projects, etc. Film, edit, and produce these outreach capsules.
• Three or more years of relevant experience • Bachelor’s degree and / or relevant vocational training • Advanced knowledge of videography and video editing • Advanced knowledge of audio production • Advanced knowledge of livestreaming via Facebook live, YouTube, or similar streaming service • Prompt, reliable, communicative, and collaborative • Collaborative and flexible in a fast-moving, team-based environment • Resourceful problem solving skills • Commitment to providing high quality results in service of our community
Application: please submit via email to [email protected]:
• A cover letter letting us know why you’d like this role and what you would bring to the team • Your resume detailing relevant experience • Two professional references • Two brief (three to five minutes is fine) samples of your video production work should be downloaded to AV Coordinator Position Videos (email above for link) Complete applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
We are an open and affirming congregation of the United Church of Christ in Appleton, Wisconsin. We’re committed to tolerance, justice, service and exploration not dogma and rules. So no matter who you are or where you are on life’s journey, you are welcome here.