We're located at 700 Rinehart Rd, Lake Mary, FL 32746Sign in to contact St Peter's
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Children's Ministry
- Family Ministry
- is Episcopal
- has an average worship attendance of 240
Job at St Peter's
We seek an individual sensing a divine call to support the parents of our church in their vocation to raise their children in the life-saving grace of the Gospel.
This individual will oversee our ministries in Christian education and childcare for ages 6 weeks of age through the 12th grade.
• A Christian grounded in the Word of God and in prayer, whose life has been transformed by the grace of God through the work of Jesus Christ and the work of the Holy Spirit • A strong sense of pastoral calling to nurture and shape children in the Christian faith, to support and equip parents to raise their children in the faith, and to pray for our children and their families • Ability to work under the direction of church leadership, and as part of a team under our parish vision and mission • Leadership ability, and willingness to oversee and manage several volunteers and/or employees • Visionary, excited about developing innovative programs and equipping staff and/or volunteers • Experience in youth ministry and/or childcare is a must, along with relevant training in child development and safety. Relevant degrees in education and/or Christian ministry are strongly desired. • Ability to communicate the Gospel to students and their families with enthusiasm and joy • Comfortable with technology, coordinating and executing events, and managing budget and marketing for the program
1) Relaunch, lead, and manage youth ministry, 6th-12th grade, in partnership with parents:
Build relationships beginning with the youth of our parish, then extending to others in their circle of friends and the broader community Re-launch our ministry for youth around the proclamation of the Gospel, teaching the faith, and mentoring students; doing so in a Christ-centered and safe environment Equip students to come to faith, grow in their faith, and share the Gospel with others Equip student leaders to take ownership of the ministry Equip parents and other volunteers to take ownership of the ministry Take the youth on retreat annually Equip parents with resources and encourage them as the primary agents of raising their children in the Christian faith Select and acquire appropriate curriculum and materials each season, in consultation with Rector Prepare, delegate, and distribute weekly lessons with staff and volunteers Recruit, trains, leads, schedules, and provides direction to all youth workers, volunteer and staff(when applicable)
2) Lead and manage children’s ministry, Kindergarten through 5th grade, in partnership with parents:
Oversees children’s ministry on Sunday mornings year-round (10:00 am Sunday School & 11:00 Service) and future Wednesday night Kids’ Group (6:30 to 8:30 pm) during the school year Oversees all children’s events and special activities Select and acquire appropriate children’s curriculum and materials each season, in consultation with Rector Prepare, delegate, and distribute weekly lessons with staff and volunteers Support staff and volunteer needs; address issues as they arise Recruits, hires, trains, leads, schedules, and provides direction to all teachers and caregivers, staff and volunteer Equip parents with resources and encourage them as the primary agents of raising their children in the Christian faith
3) Lead and manage nursery, 6 weeks through age 4:
Distributes curriculum for nursery, as applicable Manage nursery staff and/or volunteer scheduling and staff issues Monitors nursery budget and protocol Recruits, hires, trains, leads, schedules, and provides direction to all teachers and caregivers, staff and volunteer
3) Serves as key member of parish staff:
Attends church staff meetings and holds regular office hours, to be scheduled with Rector Coordinates yearly calendar of events and curriculum schedule, as well as marketing Recommends and assists in preparation of annual ministry budget Makes expenditures for supplies, materials, equipment, and retreats as authorized Participates in facility upkeep and communicates improvement needs Creates and oversees policies and procedures to provide a safe environment for children Communicates vision and purpose of youth and family ministry to the congregation Collaborates with Parish Administrator and Business Manager (and Rector as needed) regarding scheduling, recruitment, hiring & development of staff and volunteers Other duties as assigned
St. Peter’s is a parish in the Anglican tradition upholding traditional Christian faith and morals, with strong commitments to personal prayer, authentic worship, Holy Scripture, and Christian fellowship & evangelism. Our tagline is “Built on the Rock. Powered by the Spirit.” Depending on who you ask, ‘Anglican’ can mean a number of things. Here at St. Peter’s we see ourselves as classically Anglican. The term ‘Anglican’ refers to a tradition that arose out of the English reformation in the 16th Century, which embraced the Reformed faith and yet also managed to retain the best of the ancient customs and spirituality of the ancient church. C.S. Lewis called it ‘Mere Christianity’, meaning we form our identity around the foundational truths of Christianity as revealed in God’s Word and proclaimed in the church’s earliest witness. Since Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever, we aspire in our own time to share the living experience and power of Christ known by the first Christians. As J.I. Packer notes we are catholic, by which we mean we hold the fulness of the historic faith; and we are evangelical, meaning we are Bible-based, Cross-centered, commitment-oriented, and mission-focused. We are also liturgical, meaning we have a well-defined order for our services, and we have retained the ancient orders of bishop, priest, and deacon. And finally, as a congregation of the Episcopal Diocese of Central Florida we are in communion with Christians across the globe: the Anglican Communion is the third-largest communion of Christians in the world, most of whom are in the Global South.