We're located at 4601 NW 167th Street, Miami Gardens, FL 33055Sign in to contact The Fountain Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Children's Ministry
- is Non-denominational
Job at The Fountain Church
The Pastor Young Life
The Pastor of Young Life is a visionary leader of leaders, who helps The Fountain fulfill our calling to disciple children and youth, and who help them to fulfill their calling to serve their congregation and community.
This leader has a passion for creatively connecting young people to God and The Fountain through refreshing and relevant soul-impacting experiences.
The Pastor of Young Life innovatively uses technology and digital platforms to relationally expand the youth, children and college ministries and to develop communal spaces for young people to grow in their relationship with Christ and one another.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads the development of effective, engaging, and excellent ministries and programming for children (from the nursery to 5th grade) and for youth in grades 6-12 that implement fellowship, worship, discipleship, evangelism, and outreach
- Works to reach each young person on their level, and helps them to comprehend and communicate their faith in Jesus Christ
- Establishes and maintains safe and healthy environments where youth and children feel accepted, affirmed, and connected to each other as a church family
- Develops clear and comprehensive growth tracks for youth and children that will empower them to become transformational leaders in their congregation and community
- Provides leadership to The Fountain Scholarship Committee, which is responsible for administering The Fountain’s annual scholarship process, acquiring updates and testimonials from scholarship recipients, and for finding and disseminating information to students on external scholarship opportunities
- Develops a ministry that connects and ministers to the needs of college students, especially to The Fountain students that are “away” at school, through an “adopt-a-student” program
- Continually recruits, empowers, trains, and shepherds leaders and volunteers with significant roles and responsibilities that effectively utilizes their diverse gifts, talents and personalities, AND helps them grow in their leadership
- Seeks to integrate children and youth ministries into all phases of church life, by helping to create a culture that is intentionally transgenerational and by striving to collaborate with other church ministries
- Partners with parents through effective communication of ministry programming and youth and children opportunities
- Participates in weekly Lead staff meetings, as well as other church-wide meetings and events
- Upholds The Fountain’s core values of Love, Accountability, Collaboration and Excellence, while seeking relevant and age-appropriate opportunities for “growing and serving others”
- Continues to evaluate one’s own strengths and weaknesses and be responsible for one’s improvement and professional growth and participates in quarterly evaluations with the Pastoral Team
REQUISITE QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Authenticity, strong moral character, and integrity
- Ability to galvanize teams that are predominately comprised of volunteers to operate at a high level of excellence
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills accompanied by a positive attitude towards students in the church and community
- Great computer skills, high proficiency in social media, and ingenuity for developing impactful age-appropriate programming and events on virtual platforms
- Passion and determination to create and implement a growing and life-applicable model for children and youth discipleship
- Growing knowledge and training in theology, biblical studies, evangelism, and student ministry Proficient understanding of challenges and needs of young people
- Humility, timeliness, flexibility and adaptability
- Diligence in holding team members accountable Courage to take responsibility for one’s mistakes, as well as those that occur within the Youth (Hydro) and Children’s (Spring) Departments
- Successful passing of an extensive background check that includes professional and character references
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field
- 4-plus years of youth ministry leadership
- 3-plus years of working with children
- 2-plus years of virtual event and program development
- Experience with managing highly productive teams
- Experience with transforming a sound vision into an excellent reality
The Fountain Church was founded in 1996 by Pastor Wayne and Sister Theresa Lomax, with a vision to help people grow holistically and empower them to serve others.
Since its inception, The Fountain continues to grow as a community that is united in our pursuit to know Jesus and follow the path that God has created for us.
The Fountain Church is physically located in the city of Miami Gardens, FL - nestled between Fort Lauderdale and the city of Miami. We are also virtually located on a variety of digital platforms, which we are focusing intentional efforts to grow and develop.
We are looking for staff members that will progressively carry out the vision and mission of our church through innovation, dynamic leadership, strategic planning, and the continual development of ministry teams.