We're located in Goochland, VASign in to contact St. Mary's Episcopal Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Episcopal
Job at St. Mary's Episcopal Church
Director of Youth Ministries
St. Mary’s Episcopal Church in Goochland, Virginia is seeking a person who feels called to serve as the Director of Youth Ministries and to share in the ministry of our parish. The Director of Youth Ministries is responsible for working alongside our rector, clergy, staff, and lay leaders to provide Christian formation for our young people and their families to help them grow more fully into the people God means for them to be, especially as shaped by our promises of Baptism.
The Director of Youth Ministries is responsible for envisioning, planning, organizing, and carrying out ministries for youth in grades 6 through 12 and their families. The primary responsibilities of the Director of Youth Ministries include but are not limited to:
- Holding regular youth group events for Middle and High School students
- Coordinating and leading summer youth mission trips
- Planning special events and retreats, especially including those parish youth ministries offered by the Diocese
- Organizing and implementing local outreach projects
- Leading and preparing confirmands for annual Confirmation
- Overseeing the Acolyte ministry
- Providing a safe, supportive, pastoral environment as well as pastoral care for our youth and their families
- Providing other educational opportunities and participating in special events of the Church Year
- Developing a budget for each upcoming year and overseeing that budget throughout the year
- Communicating all youth events and news to youth families and the wider parish by working closely with the Director of Communications and Parish Life
- Attending weekly Staff meetings and monthly Program Staff meetings
All members of St. Mary’s Staff work together as a team through mutual support; we are resources for one another. The Director of Youth Ministries may occasionally be asked to pitch in on projects for the wider parish in addition to their assigned duties.
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and full benefits including health insurance and contributions to the Lay Pension Program of the Church.
Please send a cover letter providing an introduction of yourself along with a resume including at least two references. Please send all materials to:
The Rev. David H. May
We are a community of faith that worships and learns together, welcomes all people, and serves the needs of others in gratefulness for God’s love and grace revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.