We're located in Winnetka, ILSign in to contact Christ Episcopal Church, Winnetka IL
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Episcopal
Job at Christ Episcopal Church, Winnetka IL
Director of Youth Ministry
Purpose: Lead First Presbyterian Church’s Youth Ministry for grades 6 - 12.
Summary: Provide overall leadership for the church’s Youth Ministry program, including growing youth involvement, adult leadership recruitment, program and curriculum development, envision new ministry opportunities, fostering fellowship among youth, their families and the congregation, and creating a safe and trusted space for youth.
Provide leadership and planning for weekly High School programs, including Sunday evening program (WF) and midweek boys’/girls’ small groups.
Provide leadership and planning for weekly Middle School programs, including Sunday School and midweek programming (in collaboration with the Director of Children’s Ministry).
Organize and lead High School special events, including fall and winter retreats, one-week summer mission trip (national and international), Youth Sunday, fellowship events, service projects and fundraisers.
Organize and lead Middle School special events, including fall and winter retreats, one-week Middle School Service Squad (coinciding with Vacation Bible School), fellowship events, service projects and fundraisers.
Coordinate the church’s confirmation process in collaboration with the Pastoral staff.
Attend weekly staff meetings and provide regular updates on activities.
Participate in other church activities in order to build relationships with the congregation.
- Accountable to the Pastor/Head of Staff.
- Member of the Program Staff.
- Passion for Youth Ministry
- Experience with Youth Ministry or in an educational environment
- Ability to develop student leaders
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to engage with both youth and parents
- Leadership and management skills, including recruiting and coordinating volunteers
- Strong organizational, planning and budget management skills
- Proficiency with technology and social media communication
- Understanding of the Presbyterian tradition
- Bachelors’ Degree, preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
The position is full-time, and all portions of the Personnel Policy pertaining to non-ordained staff apply. An annual performance review is conducted by the Head of Staff and HR Committee.
You can send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]