We're located in Charlotte, NCSign in to contact Westminster Presbyterian Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Family Ministry
- is Presbyterian
- has an average worship attendance of 250
Job at Westminster Presbyterian Church
Director of Youth and Family Ministry
Westminster Presbyterian Church
2021 Director of Youth and Family Ministries - Job Description
Our vision at Westminster Presbyterian Church (WPC) is "Inviting people to life in Christ, lived together, for the sake of others". For more information about our church and ministries please visit Westminster Presbyterian Church
The WPC Director of Youth and Family Ministries will cultivate this vision by (including example activities):
• Recruiting, Training and Developing Adult Volunteer leaders to engage in student ministry
Organize a Youth Ministry support team; Integrate youth into the larger church community; Conduct
regular meetings of adult volunteers and student leaders for training, encouragement and prayer.
• Cultivating relationships with students and encourage them to grow as followers of Jesus Christ Disciple young people individually and in groups in their personal relationship with Jesus Christ; Emphasize knowledge of and application of Scripture; Cultivate fellowship among the youth; Provide opportunities for meaningful Christian service in conjunction with the broader WPC community.
• Equipping parents to foster a discipleship culture in their homes Build Relationships with parents and families; provide spiritual support and counsel; offer growth and educational opportunities focused on culturally relevant understandings and tools
• Contributing as part of the WPC Church Staff Collaborate with other church leadership teams such as Christian Education, Congregational Care and Missions to integrate with Youth and Families; Work closely with the Director of Children’s Ministry on transition and family integration; Assist in leading Sunday worship on occasion.
A successful candidate for the Director of Youth and Family Ministry position is one who demonstrates:
• A strong, mature and evident personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
• A clear calling and passion to work with youth and their parents/families with creativity and
• Humility and a desire to learn and grow • Effective leadership and relationship building with students, parents and volunteers • Credibility with parents in understanding the challenges they face; ability to counsel in times of crisis • Excellent multi-channel communication skills: Phone, Email, Social Media, Church Communications, etc. • Minimum Education Required: College degree • Ministry Experience: Minimum of 5 years professional experience leading Student Ministry with a clear calling for Family Ministry
• ECO Tenants: Subscribe wholeheartedly to the Essential Tenets of ECO
Supervision: The Director of Youth and Family Ministry reports to the Senior Pastor. This is a full-time position which provides benefits for the successful candidate. Salary will be commensurate with skill and experience level.
To Apply: Email Resume/CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Westminster Presbyterian Church is a thriving inter-generational community situated on the southern edge of uptown Charlotte offering a full range of learning and serving opportunities for all.
Westminster is a historic church – we believe what the church has believed for 2000 years, and an evangelical church – we encourage a thoughtful, heartfelt faith. Spend another ten minutes reading and you’ll see what we mean!
Westminster is a part of the Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians (ECO). Ours is a new movement of Presbyterians driven by the desire to reach people with the Good News of the Gospel who have either never heard it or, having grown up in the church, find themselves now wanting to return to church.