We're located in Charlotte, NCSign in to contact Westminster Presbyterian Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Family Ministry
- is Presbyterian
- has an average worship attendance of 250
Job at Westminster Presbyterian Church
Director of Youth and Family Ministry
Our vision at Westminster Presbyterian Church (WPC) is "Inviting people to life with Christ, lived together, for the sake of others". For more information about our church and ministries please visit Westminster Presbyterian Church https://westminstercharlotte.org
The WPC Director of Youth and Family Ministries will cultivate this vision by (including example activities):
• Recruiting, Training and Developing Adult Volunteer leaders to engage in student ministry Organize a Youth Ministry support team; Integrate youth into the larger church community; Conduct regular meetings of adult volunteers and student leaders for training, encouragement and prayer.
• Cultivating relationships with students and encourage them to grow as followers of Jesus Christ Disciple young people individually and in groups in their personal relationship with Jesus Christ; Emphasize knowledge of and application of Scripture; Cultivate fellowship among the youth; Provide opportunities for meaningful Christian service in conjunction with the broader WPC community.
• Equipping parents to foster a discipleship culture in their homes Build Relationships with parents and families; provide spiritual support and counsel; offer growth and educational opportunities focused on culturally relevant understandings and tools
• Contributing as part of the WPC Church Staff Collaborate with other church leadership teams such as Christian Education, Congregational Care and Missions to integrate with Youth and Families; Work closely with the Director of Children’s Ministry on transition and family integration; Assist in leading Sunday worship on occasion.
Westminster Presbyterian Church is a thriving inter-generational community situated on the southern edge of uptown Charlotte offering a full range of learning and serving opportunities for all.
Westminster is a historic church – we believe what the church has believed for 2000 years, and an evangelical church – we encourage a thoughtful, heartfelt faith. Spend another ten minutes reading and you’ll see what we mean!
Westminster is a part of the Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians (ECO). Ours is a new movement of Presbyterians driven by the desire to reach people with the Good News of the Gospel who have either never heard it or, having grown up in the church, find themselves now wanting to return to church.