We're located at 1227 N. Market Blvd, Sacramento, CASign in to contact The Crossing Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Church of the Nazarene
- has an average worship attendance of 300
Job at The Crossing Church
Student/Youth Pastor Full Time (6-12th Grade)
The Call: We are looking for someone who has received the call to serve students and their families. This is a Full Time position. Salary is TBD dependent upon ministry experience.
The Ideal Candidate: The ideal candidate will be of spiritual maturity and personal integrity with accompanying references. They will have experience communicating and leading up-front in bigger groups as well as facilitating small group discussions. They will have an on-stage leadership aptitude and outgoing personality with a commitment to servant leadership.
The Job: To serve as the motivational and creative leader with Crossing Student Ministry (overseeing the middle school and high school ministries), specifically leading Sunday morning and midweek gatherings, implementing social activities and connecting with students on campuses and at their events, and recruiting/training a volunteer team.
- This position primarily exists to lead, nurture and grow the Student Ministry department (6-12th grade).
- Will report directly to the Lead Pastor.
- Will work in collaboration with the church staff to help students experience and live out The Crossing Church Mission: We exist to help people take their next step with Jesus.
- Develop and lead environments, activities and programming that will enable and encourage spiritual growth in Middle and High School students.
- Lead the Sunday morning Middle School class one service and attend Sunday Worship another.
- Lead and teach midweek group (FUEL).
- Plan social activities and events to reach out to students within the community.
- Maintain a strategy for communicating with students and families.
- Support parents as the primary spiritual leaders for their students.
- Text/social media students as appropriate.
- Provide event notifications.
- Be involved on the local school campuses and seen at community events.
- Provide mature leadership and provide support for volunteers.
- Operate within a ministry budget that reflects the values, mission and purpose of the student ministry department.
- Participate in the development and execution of church wide events.
- Grow the church by implementing a strategy to assimilate students into the life of the church.
Qualifications • Spiritual maturity and personal integrity. • Commitment to the Mission: We exist to help people take their next step with Jesus. • On-stage leadership aptitude. • Communication Skills. • Functional ability in use of current technology. • Administrative abilities. • Leads with humility, loyalty and collaboration. • Willingness to submit to spiritual authority.
The Return: To be a part of a team committed to the vision and mission of The Crossing Church, developing people of all ages, ethnicities and backgrounds to be followers of Jesus and world changers.
Please submit a cover letter and resume with references to Fred Hammer, Executive Pastor, The Crossing Church of Sacramento. 916-256-6362; [email protected]
When you enter our doors, you will be met with smiling faces and happy volunteers ready to show you where to go and answer any questions you may have. We have a live band at each of our campuses playing music that will move you. You can sit, stand or raise your hands- whatever feels comfortable to you. We know you may be unsure about what to wear, but it's not a big deal. We want you to come as you are, so be casual and comfortable. It doesn't matter where you're at with God; skeptical, exploring or committed. You don't have to pretend or put on a face; you can just be. This is a place where God meets people who aren't perfect, and no matter where you are on your personal spiritual journey, you are absolutely welcome here.
We are committed as a community of believers to go where Jesus leads us and strive to make His name great. We will try many things (failing often), continue to learn (about God, ourselves and others) and laugh a lot (this journey is too good to be boring).
We are located in one of the most diverse cities in the United States. We believe in developing people of all ages, ethnicities and backgrounds to be followers of Jesus and world changers.