We're located in Norwalk, OHSign in to contact The Foundation Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Non-denominational
- has an average worship attendance of 400
Job at The Foundation Church
A highly relational youth pastor who desires to build and grow young people for Christ.
The Foundation Church is looking for the right person to fill the role of Youth Pastor. This ideal candidate should possess a strong relationship with Jesus, has a consistent life marked with spiritual disciplines, and has a rooted prayer life. Also, this person should have the ability to be moldable and align with the church’s overall Vision and Mission statements. To help fulfill this vision and mission of the church, this candidate should be able to take the principles of our Vision and Mission statements and see this lived out through the Youth Pastor role. This person should be comfortable with being “highly” relational and approachable. The Youth Pastor position could shape into a Family Pastor position down the road.
- Have continual oversight in leading the Youth Ministries position of the church.
- Provide and implement the overall Vision and Mission of the youth department.
- Passionate about taking the Great Commission to our Great Communities, such as the local school districts, involvement in local communities, and our local church families.
- Within these responsibilities, possesses the desire and ability to:
a. Create and grow relationships with current ministry leaders, students, and their families. b. Facilitate and cultivate new relationships with students and their families. c. Recruit, train, develop, and lead ministry leaders.
- Be relational and involved in the lives of the students.
- Build a process in the youth department that produces a healthy culture of disciple-making.
- Plan, organize, and implement the weekly youth gatherings.
- Proactively plan out the youth year to develop community, relationships, fellowship, and spiritual growth.
- Participate and perform other functions as given by the senior staff.
- May be given the opportunity to preach during the course of the year.
Qualifications & Expectations
- Experience working in youth ministry and/or other youth type ministries (youth camps, CRU, etc.).
- Bachelor Degree in Youth Ministry or related field recommended.
- Committed to personal growth in their relationship with Jesus.
- Authentic with Christ and with others.
- Support the vision and mission of the senior staff by modeling them personally and corporately.
- Has shown the ability to recruit, train, and develop leaders.
- Lead small groups.
- Ability to communicate and show a servant’s heart.
Please email us a Cover Letter and Resume at [email protected]
The Foundation Church is a young, growing, and thriving non-denominational church of approximately 400 people, established in 2006 in Norwalk, Ohio. Through the love and transforming power of Jesus, our mission is simple: "Be Authentic with Christ and Authentic with One Another." The Foundation Church desires to minister and love on all of God's people, both inside and outside the church walls. This is evident through our contemporary style of worship service; where we like our coffee hot, our music loud, and the preaching of God's Word at the very center.