We're located at 14900 Sn Pedro Av, San Antonio TXSign in to contact San Pedro Presbyterian Church
This is a job in…
- Children's Ministry
- is Presbyterian (PCUSA)
- has an average worship attendance of 200
Job at San Pedro Presbyterian Church
Director of Children's Ministry
Position: Children’s Ministries Director
Status: Part-time, Salary
San Pedro Presbyterian Church (San Antonio, TX)
Mission, Vision, Strategy and Worship of San Pedro Presbyterian:
San Pedro Presbyterian Church exists to glorify God and make God known to others. We are under the leadership of a new Senior Pastor as of March 1st, 2021. Currently we are developing a renewed vision for ministries to families. This position will play a key role in clarifying God’s picture of the future for San Pedro PC.
Our strategy moving forward is to develop more programming on Sunday morning for families to coincide with our worship opportunities. Currently we offer relaxed traditional worship services with attendance between 200 to 275 people. We also offer a Wednesday children’s program with music and programming. We are moving away from a dedicated Sunday School hour towards a concurrent scheduling model with programming for children in two services.
About This Role:
The role of the Children’s Ministry Director is to serve as the primary spiritual leader of all programming geared towards families and children from 5th grade to nursery. San Pedro PC has a rich history of welcoming families, but with new pastoral leadership in a post-COVID context we believe we have an opportunity to expand our outreach to families. This position reports to the Associate Pastor.
1. Choose curriculum and plan content for Sunday and Wednesday children’s weekly programs.
2. Develop volunteer leaders with ongoing training and teaching materials.
3. Participate in the life of San Pedro PC as a spiritual member of our family (not merely a hired staff
4. Oversee special activities (VBS, fellowship events, etc) as coordinated with leadership staff.
5. Support the leadership of pastors and our elder led board by way of prayer, encouragement and
Strengths & Skillset:
1. Mature follower of Jesus with an authentic love for God and a heart for children and parents.
2. Good administrative skills to work with a larger and high energy team of staff.
3. Hard worker who can support the new Senior Pastor’s leadership point of view and values.
4. Effective time management skills to balance work and personal life needs.
5. Able to manage communication needs of children’s ministry with clear, professional writing and consistent information to parents.
1. Maintain God-ordained priorities by putting Jesus Christ first, your family second, and the ministry third.
2. If applicable, include your family in the life of San Pedro PC.
3. Be loyal to the vision and staff of San Pedro Presbyterian Church and always protect the unity of
4. Demonstrate a Christ-like attitude through all interactions with congregation, staff, and volunteers.
5. Invest and invite people to know Jesus and come to San Pedro PC.
This is a part-time, salaried position that averages 20 to 25 hours a week. The job includes one office day to work with other staff, Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings for programming, and an openness to flex your schedule as needed for busy seasons (negotiated and coordinated with your supervisor).
San Pedro Presbyterian Church
Mid sized Presbyterian Church.
folks of all ages. a good number of young families wanting the Children's ministry to get going again following COVID