We're located at 720 N. Sixth St., Longview, TX 75601Sign in to contact First Christian Church Longview
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Disciples of Christ
- has an average worship attendance of 165
Job at First Christian Church Longview
We are looking for a youth director to head up our youth ministry.
Job Description for First Christian Church Youth Director
Updated: July 2021
Are you energetic, engaging, inspiring, and a team-player? If so, we need you as our Youth Leader to serve and help us grow our 6th to 12th grade youth program at First Christian Church Longview!
The Youth Director is responsible for the following:
Youth Ministry (Grades 6th – 12th)
• Sunday Afternoon Ministries o Plan, organize, and execute a weekly (September-May) program aimed at 6th – 12th grade students focusing on the three pillars of the youth program: Love, Grow and Serve.
o Identify and recruit additional teachers, helpers, mentors to assist.
o Partner with other church youth programs (both Disciples of Christ and other denominations) to collaborate on programs, outings, service, outreach, etc. so that a deeper connection with youth in the community can be formed
o Purchase supplies, snacks, drinks for program
Summer Ministry (Grades 6th – 12th)
• Plan, organize and execute activities throughout the summer
Sunday School Class (Grades 6th – 12th)
• Create and implement age, developmental and theologically appropriate curriculum • Identify and recruit additional teachers, helpers, mentors to assist on Sunday morning.
Disciples Crossing Camps
• Promote camps/retreats held at Disciples Crossing Camp • Transport children to and from camp/retreats • Be an adult leader at camps/retreats if schedule allows
• Maintain communication with students, parents, grandparents, etc. via a wide range of platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Remind, Direct texting, calling, etc.)
Youth and Family Ministry
• Possess a strong understanding of issues impacting today’s youth and relevant teaching mechanisms to communicate effectively with youth. • Plan and execute the Faithful Families ministry once a month that connects the family together and brings an element of spirituality • Build positive relationships with youth, parents, members and volunteers. • Possess relatability to youth with a priority on Christian education and spiritual growth • Identify outreach opportunities in Longview to be implemented throughout the semesters (e.g., serving at HiWay 80 Rescue Mission, Newgate Mission, House of Hope, Longview Community Ministries, etc.)
• Provide quarterly board report to the General Board of the Church outlining what has taken place in the ministries for which the Youth Director is responsible • Attend called Senior Minister's Cabinet Meetings
• Submit information and updates about youth programs/upcoming events to be published in the bi-monthly newsletter • Other duties as assigned that do not fall within the scope of this stated job description
Salary commensurate with experience and education
Minimum one year commitment with potential for full-time as the ministry and youth program grows
The Church was founded in 1871 and has been continuously witnessing since that date. FCC Longview is a member-led church with approximately 375 members. Learn more about FCC Longview at https://www.fcclongview.org/.
Longview, Texas, located about two hours east of Dallas, is a city of approximately 85,000 people and is a retail and medical hub for the surrounding communities. Longview is home to LeTourneau University as well as campuses of the University of Texas - Tyler and Kilgore College.