We're located in Diocese of IndianapolisSign in to contact Diocese of Indianapolis and Christ Church Cathedral
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Episcopal
Job at Diocese of Indianapolis and Christ Church Cathedral
Youth Ministry Coordinator and
CCC/Diocesan Youth Ministry Coordinator
The Episcopal Diocese of Indianapolis is called by Christ to welcome and witness in central and
southern Indiana. Grounded in God’s love in Christ, the Episcopal Diocese of Indianapolis and
▪ Serve as beacons of Christ in central and southern Indiana and beyond, ▪ Offer a generous invitation and welcome, ▪ Stand with the vulnerable and marginalized and transform systems of injustice, ▪ Connect with other Episcopalians, ecumenical and interfaith partners, and advocacy groups, and
▪ Develop clergy and laity to lead the church of today and tomorrow. (https://indydio.org/mission/). Christ Church Cathedral and the Episcopal Diocese of Indianapolis seek a committed leader to
support the lives and faith of young people at Christ Church Cathedral and throughout the
Diocese of Indianapolis. The person who serves in this role will have a commitment to
increasing the racial diversity of youth participating in our Cathedral, congregations, and in
diocesan life, with particular attention to serving youth of color within and in proximity to our
Cathedral and diocesan communities. This is a full-time position. The person selected for this
role will serve 20 hours per week as Youth Ministry Coordinator for Christ Church Cathedral and
20 hours per week as Diocesan Youth Ministry Coordinator. A complete job description is
available upon request.
As Youth Ministry Coordinator for Christ Church Cathedral, this person will facilitate a program
that invites every 6th-12th grade student in the church database to make steps toward deeper
spiritual maturity by building a youth ministry that brings alive the mission and values of our
church. Included in these duties are coordinating with the Director of Youth and Children’s
Formation for communication with parents and their children, recruitment of volunteers,
scheduling of events, purchasing of materials and training of teachers.
As Diocesan Youth Ministry Coordinator, this person will find creative ways for young people
and those who support them to embody our diocesan mission through building relationships,
recruiting both adult and youth volunteers, developing a team of adult and youth leaders to
create diocesan offerings, congregational visits, and resourcing.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. /B.S.) in teaching, education,
psychology, adolescent development, or other related field; and 5+ years related
experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience is
preferred. Previous experience working with youth and the appropriate curricula is
helpful. Previous supervisory and experience working in a Church or non-for-profit
environment is desired.
Other Skills and Abilities:
● A Christian committed to Jesus Christ, and to the church as the Body of Christ. ● Personal and professional character that demonstrates an authentic commitment to Christ and Christian standards, providing a good model for all ages.
● A passionate desire to help young people discover the love of God and grow as disciples of Jesus Christ.
● Demonstrated skills and attributes in: ○ Christian maturity, grounded in a life of daily prayer, regular worship and Bible study
○ Responsibility, organization and effective, healthy communications ○ Building fun, caring and trusting relationships with youth and adults ○ Flexibility and patience ○ Initiative, solution-oriented problem solving, reliability, and accountability ○ Group/team leadership, training, mentoring, teaching, facilitation ● A demonstrated ability to recruit, train, and support volunteer teachers. ● A demonstrated ability to work with, support, and manage conflict with parents. Computer software skills required include: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Google DriveMail and Adobe. Ability to operate a printer, copy machine, scanner and
other office equipment is desired. Incumbent must have the ability to adapt and conform
to shifting priorities and demands and execute accordingly. In addition, this position
requires competencies in organizing and leading while paying close attention to detail.
The ability to speak, read, and write in Spanish is desired.
Please send a letter of interest, resumé, and references to the Rev. Canon Kristin
Uffelman White: [email protected]
Diocese of Indianapolis and Christ Church Cathedral
This is a full-time position with 1/2 of the position at Christ Church Cathedral and 1/2 being with the Diocese of Indianapolis.