We're located at 6345 Wydown Blvd, Clayton, MO 63105Sign in to contact Church of St. Michael & St. George
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Episcopal
- has an average worship attendance of 400
Job at Church of St. Michael & St. George
The Youth Ministry at CSMSG offers students in 6th through 12th grade the opportunity to develop transforming relationships with God and each other in family-based youth ministry setting. The Youth Minister provides a solid foundation for Christian maturity for adolescents, teens, their families and friends. The Youth Minister instills lifelong habits of worship and service to others and nurtures our youth parishioners as they grow as joyful disciples of Jesus Christ. This role collaborates with Clergy, church school and Parent Link. The Youth Minister is a full-time position, reports to the Operations/Business Director and works for the Rector. Operations/Business Director conducts annual review for this position.
• Establish relationships with the CSMSG youth and their parents • Nurture youth in spiritual formation and Christian faith • Develop strategy and activities with Youth Ministry staff and Leadership team • Delegate program administration to Youth Ministry staff
Roles and Responsibilities:
Establish relationships with the CSMSG youth and their parents
• Learn names of all youth in programs • Follow up promptly with all newcomers to events • Engage youth in conversations and listen reflectively • Be present to and consistent in actions with youth • Set example of faithfulness in deeds and words • Share the love of God
Develop strategy and activities
• Develop and implement with Youth Ministry Team age-appropriate spiritual formation classes • Create ways to help youth develop their faith vocabularies • Guide new programs and activities • Establish ministry goals
Supervise Youth Ministry Leadership Team
• Ensure event and program calendar development • Supervise youth ministry promotion and advertising • Delegate responsibility for event and program logistics • Oversee feedback of events and review of goals • Engage in recruiting volunteers • Manage Youth Ministry Team responsibilities and results • Oversee all accounting needs of Youth Ministry • Supervise website and social media to promote the Youth Ministry
• Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary CSMSG information • Adheres to the vision and mission of CSMSG
• Thrives on building relationships • Understands themselves as a child of God and disciple of Christ and is capable of sharing their enthusiasm with other people • Compassionate problem solver • Intuitive and nurturing • Listens reflectively • Other centered • Playful and authentic • Inspires people around mission • Energetic leader with sense of humor • Respectful of diverse perspectives and opinions • Articulate communicator in speech and written word
Experience and Education
• Three years of leadership experience in full-time ministry • Experience building and leading volunteer teams • Understands child/youth development and family dynamics • Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel • An earned degree from an accredited institution
• 4 days during week, Sundays and an occasional Saturday • Ability to walk short distances, multiple flights of stairs and lift 40 pounds safely
Salary and Benefits
• This is a full-time, salaried position with pay commensurate with qualifications • Benefits include health insurance, 403b Retirement Plan, paid holidays, sick days and vacation
COVID-19 considerations: All employees are required to wear a mask as mandated by the St. Louis County recommendations & vaccinations are required for this position.
The Church of St. Michael and St. George is an equal opportunity employer.
Church of St. Michael & St. George
The Church of St. Michael and St. George (CSMSG) is an Episcopal congregation located in Clayton, Missouri. It is the largest Episcopal congregation in St. Louis and the Episcopal Diocese of Missouri. The church has approximately 1,200 members with an average Sunday attendance of 400, made up of people across a diverse spectrum of ages and life experiences.