We're located at 104 West Chestnut Street, Chatham, IL 62629Sign in to contact Chatham United Methodist Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Children's Ministry
- Christian Education
- Family Ministry
- is United Methodist
- has an average worship attendance of 150
Job at Chatham United Methodist Church
Youth and Children's Ministry Coordinator
Chatham United Methodist Church (Chatham, IL) is in search of a Youth and Children’s Ministry Coordinator. Our hope is to find the individual or individuals that will continue to help our community of faith grow the spiritual lives of our congregation’s children and youth, to deepen their relationships with Jesus and to foster their participation in the life of the church.
Chatham UMC is a vital community of faith located in the fifth fastest growing community in the state of Illinois. Located in the heart of central Illinois, just a few miles south of the state’s capital ~ it is our purpose and mission to grow fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
The Children and Youth Ministry Coordinator is responsible for
• coordinating all aspects of a balanced student ministry • coordinating with the congregation’s overall goals and for how they can be achieved through ministry with students • working with parents, mentors and other adult volunteers to grow a support network for the ministry and students • working with the gifts and strengths of other staff members to maintain a strong teamwork mentality
The Children and Youth Ministry Coordinator must
• uphold the theology and values of the United Methodist Church and Chatham United Methodist Church
• be committed to Jesus Christ, the church and to growing and maturing in faith. • have experience in student ministry or appropriate training in ministry with youth and children • have good written and verbal communication skills
• have a proven ability to work effectively with youth, children, parents, diverse populations and teams of volunteers
Status: We are open to candidates interested in a position that is ½, ¾ or full-time. Our main priority in hiring is to find the “right” person or persons for this position(s) and not simply to fill a vacancy on our staff team. Candidates may apply for 1 of 2 part-time positions (a children’s ministry coordinator position or a youth ministry coordinator position) or a position that serves all of our students (Pre-K-12) in a position that is (½ Time, ¾ Time, or Full-Time).
Salary & Benefits: Generous part-time to full-time salary, health insurance reimbursement contribution, pension contribution (3% benefit), continuing education funds, vacation and paid time off.
Supervision: The Youth and Children’s Ministry Coordinator(s) report to the Directing Pastor.
Chatham UMC is a vital United Methodist community of faith located in the heart of Central Illinois. We're located in the fifth fasted growing community in the state of Illinois, just south of the state's capitol. We are an intergenerational community of faith that is well known for its service to the community. It is our hope to also become a community known for growing young people up in Christ.