We're located at 8209 Shady Grove Rd. Mechanicsville, VA. 23111Sign in to contact Shady Grove United Methodist Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Children's Ministry
- is United Methodist
- has an average worship attendance of 400
Job at Shady Grove United Methodist Church
The Children and Youth Ministry Leader will develop and oversee Christian Faith Formation and Discipleship development with youth, children and their families.
Scope of the direct ministry is with children from age birth to 17 and their families with an overall goal of providing opportunities for youth, children and families to grow closer to God and become like Jesus. Collaborative work with other staff and ministry teams engaged in spiritual faith formation will be essential as well.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1. Work with the Director of Discipleship to plan, develop, and execute a varied and wide-ranging program with youth, which includes worship, Bible study, discipleship, fellowship, evangelism, mission, and service.
2. Implement active ongoing communication with youth, utilizing various means and media.
3. Work with the Director of Discipleship to develop and implement Youth Ministry Council to support the avenue of youth ministry.
4. Work with the Director of Discipleship to act as liaison with community and church organizations, people, and resources that relate to youth and youth ministries.
Children and Family Ministry:
1. Provide relational ministry and care to children, families, and servant volunteers by overseeing all aspects of Sunday morning church school, weekly small groups, Vacation Bible School, and other related activities and events.
2. Recruit, train, and manage servant volunteers, equipping parents or other guardians to be co-laborers in ministries such as teaching, VBS, small group leadership and other supporting roles.
3. Coordinate with staff, committees, and teams to ensure smooth implementation of events and activities. Engage children in experiential events within the church and community.
4. Manage routine administrative and operational tasks to help the ministry succeed
UMC is a very active church with a large heart for missions. We value the importance of growing in relationship with Christ and with others through small groups, education, and mission opportunities. We have a wide array of programs for all ages.