We're located at 127 East Court St., Doylestown, PA 18901Sign in to contact Doylestown Presbyteran Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Children's Ministry
- Christian Education
- Family Ministry
- is Presbyterian (PCUSA)
- has an average worship attendance of 400
Job at Doylestown Presbyteran Church
Theologically Progressive Youth Director who goes all in about their relationship with God and with others.
Doylestown Presbyterian Church (DPC) Youth Ministry Director Job Summary
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter to Rev. Becca Bateman, [email protected]
Full job description to be given upon inquiry
Job Summary Overview
• Primary DPC Staff Lay leader is a full- time position and exempt. • Reports to the Associate Pastor- Education and Family Ministries, Member of DPC Staff • Primary youth groups are 1). Grades 4-5-6 and 2) Grades 7-12. Most of the time in the initial role will serve programs required by the Grades 7-12 group. • All DPC Staff share the congregation’s mission statement “Be a bridge for Christ and a Beacon of His love” Specific Responsibilities
• Provide routine opportunities for our youth’s spiritual formation that are consistent with reformed theology such as being aware of how our Church can fully demonstrate the love of Jesus to all and honor our important and meaningful traditions. • While the position is full-time, planned weekly group activities occur on Wednesday and Sunday evenings in addition to other planned events that occur on weekends and during planned trips. • Mentor and cultivate youth leadership in all areas of church life. • Recruit, engage and motivate the cadre of volunteers needed to support ongoing youth ministry activities and programs Competencies/Skills
• Successful candidate will have a proven record of performance in the following: o Create/Conceptualize- Prepare our youth and youth leaders in responding to contemporary issues with spiritually authentic and practical offerings
o Trust- Building trust with youth participants, families, youth volunteer leaders and being a role model of character and consistency of delivering on expectations.
o Collaboration- Superior ability of demonstrated to work well with individuals and teams.
o Transformational- The successful candidate will have a proven record of building strong relations with each participant, many of our current youth leaders recall their presence in our youth program being a life-strengthening experience.
o Communication- Demonstrated performance outcomes of strong, smart verbal, written social media and video communication capability.
• Undergraduate degree in relevant field • Effective, motivating communicator with written, verbal and social media skills • Proven performance record of detail-oriented, energetic, creative programs and interactions with youth groups in a reformed theology church environment Professional Development
• Continuing education in denominationally sponsored programs. • The position will require clearances required by the State of Pennsylvania for background clearances and State Police criminal history review as needed to work with youth.
Salary & Benefits
$45,000- $55,000, annual salary range Full time with benefits
We believe that experiencing God’s love in community will truly change a human and change those around them. Youth of today are yearning to experience the Holy, the wonder of God. We are a congregation dedicated to providing space on our campus and throughout the town that we might we be able to play a role in that for the life of a youth guides the ministry so that we might be able to offer regular opportunities for spiritual formation. We are a place in which you would be part of a forward thinking team rooted in traditions. You would work most closely with the Associate Pastor for Education and Family Ministries, a dedicated volunteer youth leadership team, and the youth