We're located at 1526 E. Wooster St. Bowling Green, OhioSign in to contact First UMC BG
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is United Methodist
- has an average worship attendance of 200
Job at First UMC BG
About First: First UMC is in a time of rebuilding and revisioning how to equip and disciple youth
and their families to be lifelong followers of Jesus. We’ve recently restructured our Family
Ministry to move away from siloed ministries, to a team centered ministry focused on all ages
and stages from birth to graduation. We are seeking a candidate to lead our work with youth in
6 - 12th grades. This position will work closely with the Director Family Ministry to ensure that
the Family Ministry is keeping a cohesive vision for children, youth and their families and
holding to our core values. Our primary values are equipping parents to be the primary spiritual
influence in the life of their child(ren), inviting students into the whole life of the church through
worship, service, and leadership, and building relationships across all generations with youth
and their families.
Nature of the Work/Position Responsibilities:
● Develop relationships with and among youth, parents, families, and adult volunteers. ● Plan, create, and implement opportunities for youth to engage meaningfully in discipleship and service including but not limited to: small groups, Bible studies,
Confirmation, partnering with service missions, and opportunities for recreation and self
● Serve as a resource and support to parents/caregivers to equip and empower them as the primary spiritual influence for their child(ren).
● Encourage and develop opportunities for students to be engaged in all aspects of the life of the church (building relationships across generations, leading in worship, service
projects, teaching classes, etc.)
● Work closely with the Family Minister to ensure both children and youth ministries are aligned with the same core values to ensure a seamless “hand off” between children
and youth ministry.
● Recruit, equip, lead, and support a multi-generational team of youth ministry servants. ● Plan an inter-generational annual service project (local or elsewhere) each summer. ● Abide by safe sanctuary policies and ensure youth ministry servants are informed of safe sanctuary policies and upholding them.
● Adapt to virtual programming as needed to ensure health and safety.25-30 hours a week Salary: Negotiable ($23,000 - $27,000) (Depending on Hours)
Along with Accountable Reimbursement 1,000 - 2,000
Located in a Northwest Ohio town near Bowling Green State University.