We're located at 3951 W Happy Valley Rd, Glendale, AZ 85310Sign in to contact Foothills Christian Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Disciples of Christ
- has an average worship attendance of 100
Job at Foothills Christian Church
Part Time Youth (3rd-12th grade) Ministry Coordinator
Youth Ministry Coordinator
Reports to: Senior Pastor, in coordination with Associate Pastor, and Spiritual Development
Status: Part-time, hourly (12-15 hours/week)
The Youth Ministry Coordinator develops, promotes, and implements activities for the youth in grades 3-12 and builds healthy relationships with the youth that model a Christ-centered life and reflect encouragement and love for the youth as they grow in maturity and faith. They work closely with the Pastoral Staff as their direct supervisor and partner with the whole staff and congregation to live out our church’s mission to worship, learn, and serve.
• Builds relationships with youth in ways that help foster faith development, spiritual maturity, and community.
• Serves as the youth leader for all youth including but not limited to bi-monthly youth group gatherings, weekend retreats, summer camp and educational activities throughout
the year. This includes regular communication with youth, parents, and congregation
concerning youth ministry activities.
• Maintaining email list, newsletter, website updates, bulletin blurbs and announcements. • Seeks to manage and expand youth ministries, including a regular presence in worship and as available in the community at concerts, performances, and youth sporting events
as well as incorporating youth into Sunday morning worship leadership.
• Manages administratively youth ministries’ budget and fundraising, scheduling volunteers, making sure the congregation is in compliance with the Child Protection
• Assists in managing organization and budgeting of youth summer trips (Service Trips and Summer Camps).
• Recruits, empowers, and equips adult volunteers from within the congregation to regularly help with youth group, youth meetings, and other activities. Encourages and
recruits congregation members to participate as leaders and mentors in the youth
• Seeks to deepen the discipleship of children, youth, families, and congregation members as a leader.
• Mature and active faith commitment to Jesus Christ with love for the church and appreciation for Disciples tradition.
• Working towards or completed a Bachelor’s Degree (ideally in Education or Religious Studies or equivalent) with computer literacy.
• Experience either as a participant or as a leader in active youth settings. • Demonstrated leadership in project completion and fundraising. • Excellent interpersonal skills • Able to pass sexual misconduct background checks and willing to submit to background check and drug testing
• Valid driver’s license, auto insurance, and reliable transportation. • Ideally 21 years of age or older • Respect God’s love for all people by aligning with Foothills’ values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Ethics and Values: Honors the core values and beliefs of our church in choice of behaviors, consistently embodies appropriate behavioral choices in both stressful and
non-stressful situations, practices the behaviors advocated to others, able to maintain
• Team Building Skills: Guides leaders and participants in the process of sharing best practices, identifying and solving common problems. Works with leaders to regularly
assess the health of the youth ministry. Recognizes dysfunctional team behavior and
redirects it into functional behavior. Creates and communicates vision, direction, and
goals for the ministry.
• Time Management: Works hard and is able and willing to focus time on tasks that contribute to organizational goals; uses time effectively and efficiently; plans and
organizes appropriately for church, staff, and congregation schedules; values time and
respects the time of others; concentrates efforts on the most important priorities; can
appropriately balance priorities.
• Verbal and Written Communication: Is able to deliver a message clearly, whether spoken or written; demonstrates communication styles appropriate to the situation at hand;
employs correct grammar, punctuation, and patterns of speech.
• Creativity and Innovation: Generates new ideas; makes new connections among existing ideas to create fresh approaches; takes acceptable risks in pursuit of innovation; learns
from mistakes; has good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work.
• Spiritual Maturity: Shows strong personal depth and spiritual grounding; demonstrates integrity by example and by responding with constancy of purpose; is seen by others as
trustworthy and authentic; nurtures a rich spiritual life; seeks the wisdom and guidance of
appropriate mentors; is able to articulate a clear and consistent theology that aligns with
Disciples identity and practices.
Foothills is a progressive community of faith in the North Phoenix Valley. We are a growing congregation, with a vision of providing our neighbors with meaningful human connections in a fragmented world. Here there are opportunities to serve, challenges to grow, and a culture of sharing with those in need. We are part of the global community through giving, prayer, education, and our partnerships as a Global Mission Church. We welcome all people, no matter where your life or faith journey has taken you up to now. Foothills Christian Church is an open and affirming congregation. We welcome all people into community and ministry, regardless of age, race, gender, sexual identity, economic status, faith heritage, or personal ability. We are Disciples of Christ, a movement for wholeness. Wherever you are on your journey, you are welcome here!