We're located at 209 Bearinger Rd, Waterloo ONSign in to contact Waterloo Christian Reformed Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Christian Reformed Church (CRC)
- has an average worship attendance of 300
Job at Waterloo Christian Reformed Church
Part Time Youth Ministry Coordinator
The Youth Ministry Coordinator is a part-time contract position designed to assist in the growth of the youth ministry within our congregation. The successful candidate, while demonstrating a living and loving relationship with our Lord Jesus, will work with existing volunteers, pastor and congregation to oversee our youth program. This position requires collaborative, administrative and leadership skills and the ability to engage others in ministry with and to our youth.
The goals of the Youth Ministry are to...
- help youth develop and grow a courageous faith in an increasingly secular world.
- help youth see faith as relevant to contemporary society.
- help youth expand their Bible literacy.
- help youth discuss current social issues through an empathetic Christian lens.
- help youth understand Reformed history and traditions.
- help youth determine and understand their unique gifts and how to use them.
- help youth have an opportunity to integrate fully into the ministries of the church.
The Youth Ministry Coordinator will strive to accomplish these goals by…
- being an attentive, patient and responsive listener to both youth and the congregation
- being the lead youth advocate for Waterloo CRC.
- inviting and empowering ministry partners (including families, volunteers, church leaders and members) to lead and connect with youth.
- seeking opportunities for youth to integrate fully into the ministries of the church.
- overseeing the leading, planning, and coordinating youth programs and activities.
- engaging parents in the spiritual transformation of their youth
Skills needed for this position are… - the ability to effectively lead groups and individuals including youth and volunteers. - the capability of compassionately interacting and relating with a diverse and ever-changing set of personalities. - the discipline and organizational skills required to maintain the regular administrative needs of Senior Youth Ministry. - the ability to engage and collaborate with ministries in the church.
Preferred Qualifications - Experience in working with youth - A post-secondary degree. - Solid Biblical knowledge - A Reformed theology - Professing member of a church with a Reformed theology, attendance at WCRC preferred
- Weekly meeting with lead pastor. - Establish a Youth Ministry Committee and meet every two months or as needed. Youth Ministry Committee ideally composed of Adult Volunteers, Parent Representative for Senior Youth, Parent Representative for Jr Youth, Council Liaison and Two Youth Representatives - Meeting and coordinating with Jr. Youth Leaders - Participating in Jr. Youth activities - Meetings with the Church Council once in the fall and once in the spring. - Meetings with the Pastoral Elders once in the fall and once in the spring. - Recruiting, training and empowering existing and future volunteers.
- Overseeing the Senior Youth Calendar - Communicating and promoting events with youth and parents. - Abiding with all Safe Church and Accessibility policies. - Determining and managing the Youth Group budget - General administrative tasks including but not limited to data management, phone calls, proposal and report writing etc. - Catechism Instruction for Senior Youth - Implementation of a mentoring program for Senior Youth
Planning and Coordinating Regular Youth Events
- Weekly Evening Senior Youth Group Meetings - 6-8 social events a year
Planning and Coordinating Annual Youth Events
- Pasta Dinner - Local outreach - Organization of registration, arranging transportation, attending, reflection follow-up of: All Ontario Youth Convention, Fall Retreat, and SERVE
Engage in Personal Growth
- Find and meet regularly with a mentor - Network with like-professionals both local and denominational - Attend one educational conference a year - Share learning experiences with the lead pastor, Church Council or Youth Ministry Committee
Hours: average of 20 hours a week, flex time, salaried, 1-year contract (renewable), weekly average to include participation in major youth activities
Start Date: August or September 2022
Benefits: Free parking
Salary: $20,000 to $25,000, based on experience
In compliance with the Safe Church Policy, Waterloo Christian Reformed Church will require the successful candidate to provide a current Vulnerable Sector Check and complete initial orientation and annual Safe Church training/webinar. In compliance with AODA, Waterloo Christian Reformed Church will require the successful candidate to complete the “Customer Service Standard” training.
Email your cover letter and resume to [email protected] by Friday May 20, 2022 at 4 pm.