We're located in 1860 Reid School Road, Taylors, SC 29687Sign in to contact St. Andrews Presbyterian Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Children's Ministry
- is Presbyterian (PCUSA)
- has an average worship attendance of 60
Job at St. Andrews Presbyterian Church
The hybrid position of Director of Children’s and Youth Ministries and Director of Communications is a unique opportunity to make a difference at St. Andrews Presbyterian Church, PCUSA. In collaboration with the Pastor, Staff, and Session of the church, t
Director of Children’s & Youth Ministries and Director of Communications Job Description
Purpose and Mission
The hybrid position of Director of Children’s and Youth Ministries and Director of Communications is a unique opportunity to make a difference at St. Andrews Presbyterian Church, PCUSA. In collaboration with the Pastor, Staff, and Session of the church, the director will provide leadership in helping children, youth, and their families find their place within the church community at St. Andrews and will manage the multiple channels needed to communicate the life and work of St. Andrews and assist with efforts to “Share the Love” of Jesus Christ.
Children’s and Youth Ministries
- Coordinate, plan, and lead group activities and lessons on a regular weekly schedule.
- Develop, implement, and teach age-appropriate curriculum to support and encourage the spiritual growth of young people.
- Be available to youth in a variety of ways to build community and trust.
- Work with the Christian Education Team to help recruit and train a team of volunteers for children’s and youth activities.
- Partner and collaborate with the Pastor and Elder of Christian Formation to integrate children’s and youth ministries into the full life of the church.
CDC Ministries (in collaboration with the CDC Director)
6. Build a sturdy, long-lasting bridge between the church and the St. Andrews Child Development Center (CDC).
7. Help promote St. Andrews Church to new and prospective CDC parents and families with tours, information, and invitation(s) to participate in the life of the church.
8. Actively engage with existing CDC parents and families, communicating with them on a regular basis, and encouraging them to participate in the life of the church.
9. Work with other Ministry Teams to develop activities and programs that are attractive to CDC families (e.g., children’s choir).
10. Develop and coordinate a weekly schedule, for the CDC, of age-appropriate Christian based education and activity sessions, to include church volunteers.
11. Assist Ministry Teams with church communication policies and procedures, to include oversight of a consistent look for all communications and printed material as defined by the church “brand”.
12. Write or edit content for all church communications.
13. Manage the church website, calendar, mobile app, and social media platforms, adding and maintaining up-to-date information.
14. Manage digital signup platform(s) for events and volunteer opportunities.
15. Process postal and electronic mail as appropriate.
16. Answer and return telephone calls as appropriate.
17. Coordinate with and support the Pastor as needed.
18. Coordinate the use of church facilities with the CDC Director and all Ministry Teams.
1. A strong personal faith, with a sense of call to children’s and youth ministry.
2. Undergraduate degree and church leadership experience preferred.
3. An understanding and commitment to Reformed Theology and the PCUSA.
4. Ability to collaborate effectively with Session, staff, parents, and church volunteers.
5. Strong communication skills that reflect energy and enthusiasm and a familiarity with digital tools for communications.
6. Strong leadership and organizational skills.
The Director of Children’s & Youth Ministries and Director of Communications will report directly to the Pastor, as Head of Staff. Direction and guidance will additionally be provided by the Elder of Christian Education, the Christian Education Team, and the Session of the church.
During the first year of employment, a performance evaluation will be completed by the Church Administration Team (with input from Staff and the Christian Education Team) no later than 6 months after Date of Hire. Subsequently, a performance evaluation will be performed annually in conjunction with the budget planning process.
IV. Time Requirements
The Director of Children’s & Youth Ministries and Director of Communications will work an average of 40 hours per week. A sizable portion of that time will be spent Monday through Friday, during regular business hours, working with the CDC and coordinating church communications. The remainder of time will be allocated for church children’s and youth programs and activities. Certain activities and programs will require being offsite for an extended period (e.g., Youth Retreat). The Director of Children’s & Youth Ministries and Director of Communications will generally have one weekday off per week, which may vary based on scheduled activities for the week. Church membership is not required, but full participation in the life of the church is expected.
V. Compensation & Benefits
Employment shall be contingent on a standard background check.
The Director of Children’s & Youth Ministries Director of Communications shall receive an annual salary as agreed upon by the Session. This salary will be reviewed each year during the budget planning process to consider cost of living or other adjustments.
The Director of Children’s & Youth Ministries and Director of Communications will be granted 10 days of PTO for vacation, and 5 days of PTO for sick leave, annually. A minimum of one month’s notice is requested prior to taking vacation. PTO shall not accrue or carry over beyond the current year without prior approval of the Session (no later than the end of November).
The Director of Children’s & Youth Ministries and Director of Communications will be granted an additional week of paid time off for continuing education, to be approved by the Session, and reasonable costs to be covered within the annual church budget.
The Director of Children’s & Youth Ministries and Director of Communications will be a direct employee of St. Andrews. Direct employees will fill out a W-4 regarding deductions; state and federal taxes, and Social Security will be withheld from the paycheck according to current regulations. Pay is distributed bi-weekly, by paycheck or direct deposit, every other Tuesday.
We are a community church whose goal is to nurture your faith in the living God and in His Son, Jesus Christ. We come together in love and reach out to those in need of that love. God's teachings are revealed to us in the Bible. We believe God's word offers real and fulfilling answers to the problems we face in today's hectic and demanding society.
St. Andrews is a family where children, youth and adults share in the fellowship that is the body of Christ. All can find love and compassion here with our warm and friendly members and staff.
We are located in a growing community. Our Child Care Development Center mission has over 90 children enrolled with a long waiting list.
We have just completed Strategic Planning and are very excited about moving forward with many exciting initiatives.