We're located at 4715 Harding Pike Nashville, TN 37205Sign in to contact St. George's Episcopal Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Administration / Coordination
- Christian Education
- Family Ministry
- is Episcopal
- has an average worship attendance of 800
Job at St. George's Episcopal Church
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF YOUTH MINISTRIES: Looking for an Associate Youth Director with a passion for teaching and building relationships with students and the diligence and skills to create programs and events in which to do so.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF YOUTH MINISTRY
Full-time (40 hours)
Reports to: Director of Youth Ministries
Benefits: Yes, Comprehensive Package
Paid Time Off: Starting 2 Weeks + Holidays
OVERVIEW: The Associate Director of Youth Ministries will build relationships with the youth (Grades 7-12) of our
church, strive to create a healthy and vibrant student community, and develop and coordinate effective and
comprehensive youth ministry programs that facilitate the spiritual growth of our students
● Pray for St. George’s youth and the youth ministry program regularly. ● Know every youth on the roll by name. ● Know every youth parent/guardian on the roll by name. ● Spend at least 5 hours a week connecting with students outside of regular youth ministry programming (games, plays, coffee, etc.).
● Communicate relational contact work to the Youth Program Coordinator ● Meet monthly with volunteers for coffee or lunch check ins and foster relationships and support those walking with the ministry.
● Work with the youth ministry staff in creating the annual youth ministry calendar. ● Assist with leadership at major events, such as lock-ins, retreats, and ski trips ● Work with the youth staff to ensure curriculum is in place for Confirmation and Youth Group. ● Work with the youth ministry staff in the planning and implementation of weekly programming ● Oversee the planning and implementation of Wednesday night youth group. ● Work with the Youth Director to ensure the execution of small group opportunities for all youth, communities, schools and demographics.
● Input weekly attendance for Confirmation and Youth Group on Realm. ● Work with the youth photographer in editing any program photos or videos and filing in appropriate marketing folder.
● Provide needed support for the monthly Room in the Inn youth night (Nov-March)
● Update all social media posts at least weekly ● Oversee the creation, editing and posting of the weekly Instagram program promotion ● Update the website as needed
● Work with the youth ministry staff, in recruiting, equipping and training volunteers.. Meeting Attendance
● Attend weekly youth ministry team staff meetings ● Attend weekly Family Ministry Team meetings ● Attend monthly all staff meeting
● A personal relationship with Jesus Christ and general knowledge and passion of Scripture and Christian doctrine. ● A call to youth ministry in a church setting ● Minimum 2 years’ experience in youth ministry work or equivalent work with youth ● Undergraduate degree ● Personal character of creativity, adaptability, resourcefulness, and maturity ● Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
St. George's Episcopal Church
St. George's is a larger church in Nashville that attracts a lot of cultural Christians and challenges them to make their faith their own. It holds a high view of Scripture and is committed to unity, community, and truth in a powerful way. It has excellent leadership, fantastic worship, and a staff that is committed to its people and their discipleship and sanctification. It does an fantastic job of being both welcoming and challenging, reassuring and convicting. It's youth ministry is growing due to a diligent team of volunteers and the persistent focus on the gospel. It is an amazing church and we would love for you to be a part of it!