We're located at 2248 186th Street, Lansing ILSign in to contact Living Word Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Non-denominational
Job at Living Word Church
Youth ministries director
Youth Ministry Director
At Living Word Church our Youth Ministry Director is entrusted with creating an engaging and interactive space for youth from sixth grade through high school to develop a personal faith. Embodying the traits of an energetic people person and the managerial skills of a seasoned leader, the Youth Ministry Director is responsible not only for providing effective leadership and direct oversight of the youth ministry volunteers but also the recruitment and retention of those volunteers. The ideal candidate will have the ability to create a culture that nurtures and supports the spiritual development of our youth as well as the skills to develop and direct programming in alignment with the mission and the vision set forth by the church leadership.
Essential Job Functions
1. Responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of students grades six through twelve. This includes preparing and leading weekly programs and periodic special events (camps, conferences, trips, mission’s trips, etc.). 2. Provide overall theological direction in accordance with LWC’s mission, values and beliefs. 3. Develop student and adult youth leaders 4. Model strong and relational Christian leadership to the youth of the church 5. The Youth Pastor will work in cooperation with the Pastor and elders in ministering to the student’s family as we strive to build within our church family
strong marriages, parent-child relationships and families who love God.
6. Youth Director should plan to participate in staff meetings, church-wide events and lend their assistance and support to. Attributes for the position include:
1. A driving passion for leading children, youth and families into a fully devoted relationship with Jesus Christ. 2. A positive, outgoing personality who enjoys building and leading teams. 3. An effective multi-tasker with a self-motivated work style. 4. A solid track record of consistently planning, communicating and following through.
5. Prayerful in disposition and gentle and humble in character. 6. Able to organize and coordinate services and events 7. Effective in planning & time management 8. Ability to communicate effectively with parents Organizational Relationship:
1. Must possess good written and oral communication skills.
2. Proficient in teaching and outreach.
3. Proficient in Social Media as a means to reach and engage young people.
4. Have good interpersonal dynamics to work with others.
Ministerial Duties/ Responsibilities
As a part of the staff at Living Word Church, you are a key part of our mission in taking the hope found in Jesus to the world. This means that as part of your job responsibilities, you are considered a spiritual leader in the Church. You are responsible for communicating biblical truth. We ask that you maintain a lifestyle consistent with the scriptures, and are required to belong to the Church as part of our faith community. This will also include:
Regular attendance at Church services and other church activities
Serving our community through local outreaches that serve to meet the needs of the community as well as to present the ministries of the church
Attend staff meetings every other week
Uncompromised commitment to Living Word Church’s vision, values, and core beliefs
Growing and committed follower of Christ, demonstrating a Christ-like character
Passionate about serving and ministering to youth and volunteers
Experience in youth development, and previous youth ministry a must
Skilled in effective leadership, administration, encouragement, and development
Highly skilled in vision casting, planning, and appropriate delegation
Excellent listening and communication skills
Experience in effective budget management
Ability to be effective working independently and in collaboration with others
Excellent interpersonal skills and problem resolution skills
Solid computer skills
Some college or college degree desired
Prior youth ministry experience required
We are a racially, generationally and socio-economically diverse gathering of Spirit-filled Christ followers.
We’re devoted to seeking God and serving people. Church is about faith expressing itself through love. We love dynamic gatherings, and also sharing life. We believe that church is meant to be relational and we’re committed to being connected in authentic relationships -- giving to and receiving from one another -- and working together to share God's love with the world. Each person has a part to play, contributing his or her gifts and talents to the whole so that Jesus is glorified.