We're located at 600 Pleasant Valley Drive, Little Rock, ARSign in to contact Second Presbyterian Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Young Adult / College Ministry
- is Presbyterian (PCUSA)
- has an average worship attendance of 500
Job at Second Presbyterian Church
Full-Time Director of Youth and Youth Adult Ministry with a sense of humor and desire to share God's love with young people, someone who's not afraid of the honest questions an inquiring faith can bring...
• Maintain the focus of youth ministry on nurturing youth in their growth as followers of Christ. • Oversee all activities and programs for 7th-12th graders including summer trips, mission involvement, retreats, youth group, fundraisers and Sunday school programs. • Encourage participation among enrolled youth as well as growing the program. • Ensure youth meetings and retreats are properly staffed • Provide short-term counseling to students, leaders and parents; listen and encourage each group as they deal with life’s difficulties and decisions. • Provide leadership for Confirmation and for the Middle School and High School Sunday school classes with curriculum selection, Biblical knowledge and theological insight. • Design and lead Youth Sunday in collaboration with pastoral support. Encourage and coordinate youth leadership in worship.
• Coordinate the college and young adult ministry serving couples and singles • Serve as coordinator, visionary and communicator for young adult ministries • Coordinate mission opportunities for young adults • Prove an ongoing connection for young adults and college • Plan, promote, coordinate and delegate church and social activities for the young adult ministry; explore other ways of connecting with young adults.
• Work collegially and collaboratively with church staff and leadership. Participate in staff and Youth and Young Adult Ministry meetings to hear feedback, provide updates on the ministry area, and work in partnership with other staff and lay leaders. • Participate in the life of the Presbytery. • Coordinate youth and young adult programs with other church activities • Recruit, train, equip and nurture volunteers • Develop and maintain the “control documents” of the youth and young adult ministries including volunteer job descriptions, youth and leader directories, and programming calendars. • Oversee publicity of youth and young adult initiatives. • Establish, implement and oversee social media presence • Manage programs within budget, following the church’s administrative protocols and procedures.
• Identify and cultivate leadership opportunities for youth and young adults to be active in the full life of the congregation and community.
• Provide vision, planning, implementation and evaluation for youth and young adult programming in conversation and collaboration with staff colleagues • Maintain contact and provide formative experiences with college-aged students who attended Second Pres • Assist, create and implement transition and formative plans for rising 6th and rising 9th graders including (SPY Kids (5th/6th graders) • Maintain positive, healthy relationships with youth, youth families, young adults, volunteers, colleagues, Session and Presbytery.
We are a large, healthy, multigenerational congregation in Little Rock. Youth and young adults are active participants in the leadership and service in the church and community organizations including our Session and Diaconate. We seek to integrate young voices, energy and vision as vital to the congregation and community.
Over 25% of our annual member giving goes directly to support organizations and agencies outside the walls of our church. In addition, our members share their time and talents with these organizations, adding leadership and care.
We regularly participate in programs with Montreat, MoRanch and Ferncliff, the latter being just a few short minutes from the church property.
We care about our people, our communities and all of God's creation. We find many ways to extend God's loving care through our lives of faith.