We're located at 8715 St Helens Ave, Vancouver, WASign in to contact Columbia Presbyterian Church
This is a job in…
- Children's Ministry
- is Presbyterian (PCUSA)
- has an average worship attendance of 300
Job at Columbia Presbyterian Church
Children and Intergenerational Ministries Director
Children and Intergenerational Ministries Director
Type of Position: Full-Time Exempt
Reports To: Head of Staff and, through the Personnel Ministry Team, the Session
Supervisory Responsibilities: K2 Director, Children’s Music Director, and Administrative Assistant
Job Summary: To provide spiritual, administrative, and organizational leadership to the church’s ministry with children and their families, with an emphasis on equipping families to raise today’s children with a lifelong faith in Jesus Christ.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Oversee and develop programming and events for K-5 Children's Ministry, which includes Sunday School, Wednesday K2 Program, Vacation Bible School, and monthly community events meant to introduce and engage families within our local community and Columbia Presbyterian Church. • Foster spiritual growth amongst children and their families in alignment with the intergenerational vision of CPC. • Create a plan to develop our relationship and programmatic connections with our preschool staff, children, and families. • Training and equipping of parents, staff, teachers, and ministry leaders for Children’s Ministries. • Work collegially with other members of staff, Session, and the congregation to achieve mission, vision, and strategic goals of CPC. • Tend to pastoral care of existing families and develop connectional ministries for new families at CPC from birth to 5th grade. • Intentionally equip all those who parent to healthily disciple CPC families and children into life-long faith in Jesus Christ.
• Support the Youth Ministries Director in the Youth Ministries and Children Ministries internships. • Participate in worship as directed by Head of Staff. • Pursue professional development pursuant to a plan approved by the Personnel Ministry Team. Other Responsibilities
• Participate in staff meetings, staff retreats, and CM retreats. • Participate in Children’s Ministry Team meetings. • Participate in Session meetings and appropriate staff retreats. • Participate in weekly worship at CPC. • Other duties as assigned by Head of Staff or Session.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The following job specifications are representative of the education and experience as well as the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
1. A Bachelor’s Degree, or better, in a related field of study.
2. Experience working with children in a Christian setting.
3. A robust and personal faith in Jesus Christ that is biblically centered and oriented towards missional outreach.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Knowledge of the mission, vision, and values of Columbia Presbyterian Church and ability to abide by applicable standards of conduct, policies, and procedures.
2. Proven skills in leading and mentoring/equipping volunteers.
3. Ability to interact with people from diverse backgrounds including volunteers, congregants, and staff.
4. Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing.
5. Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks.
1. Sitting, standing, walking, bending, and reaching.
2. Engaging in repetitive movements of wrists, hands, and fingers – typing and/or writing.
3. Working frequently at close visual range (i.e., keyboarding and reading).
4. Receiving and responding to verbal communication.
5. Exerting up to 20 - 40 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Columbia Presbyterian is a warm, missional church that is the center of several innovative ministries in Vancouver, WA. We are seeking a new Children and Intergenerational Ministries Director to lead the Children’s Ministry at CPC and to help us redevelop our Children’s Ministry programs as we head into the next chapter of our congregational life.
CPC has a long history of investing in children and teens in our county and for the past 10 years we have had a special focus on intergenerational ministries. We have great adult and student leadership models, midweek and Sunday programs, and student internships during the summer. CPC also has a vibrant and well-respected preschool program.
However, over the past year we have begun to develop some new visions for our Children’s Ministry that will lead us into the future. CPC sees the need to have a Children and Intergenerational Ministries Director that is willing to intentionally develop a relationship with our preschool and work to connect CPC families more closely with one another as they equip their children for life-long faith in Jesus. We see these investments as the key for us to continue to develop as a warm and vibrant intergenerational church that is outwardly focused.
Our hope is to find a candidate that has a deep love for Jesus, children, and families. We are seeking someone who is passionate about Christ and also passionate about growing and redeveloping our Children’s Ministry with the support of our staff and parents. Perhaps God could be calling you to this role in this important season of our church’s life!
Pastor Matt Overton
Acting Head of Staff
Columbia Presbyterian Church