We're located at 4851 S. Apopka-Vineland Rd. Orlando FloridaSign in to contact St. Luke's UMC
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is United Methodist
Job at St. Luke's UMC
Creative, team player that is passionate about ministry with youth.
Associate Director of Youth Ministry
St. Luke’s United Methodist Church
Revised: October 2022
Position Description: The Associate Director of Youth Ministry is a part of the Grow Team and provides logistical, operational, and programming support to the Youth Ministry. The Associate Director creatively empowers leadership and volunteers, develops systems, communicates to participants, and handles administrative areas of the ministry.
Reports to: Director of Youth Ministry
General Responsibilities / Duties:
• Works with the Director of Youth Ministry and Youth Ministry Core team in leading youth, in growing in their discipleship of Jesus Christ.
• Provide operational/program support, logistics, and administration for the Youth Ministry.
General Ministry Programming:
• Awaken Disciples: Lead youth ministry programming (such as but not limited to)
o weekly middle school programming
o summer programming
o serving opportunities
• Empowering Leadership: o In youth and adults to embrace the vision, their spiritual gifts, passions, and talents in leading the ministry.
• Celebrating and Navigating Life: o Cultivating relationships with youth and their families.
o Identifying and celebrating milestones in a young person's life.
• Collaborates with Ministry Directors on church-wide ministry efforts.
• Collaborates with Youth Ministry Team, Grow Team, and volunteers to accomplish quarterly initiatives/objectives.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Youth Ministries and Church Pastors.
• Support the Director of Youth Ministry in developing effective and timely marketing to youth and parents • Develop and support processes of communication with ministry leaders, volunteers, and participants. • Empowers leaders (youth and adult) to follow up with new and fringed students.
Ministry with Volunteers:
• Empowers and engages with ministry volunteers to recruit, train, distribute curriculum/resources, communicate and make more efficient. • Keeps a database of volunteers for each Youth Ministry area to ensure the proper utilization of volunteers.
General Ministry Administration/Management:
• Maintain database with information on volunteers, participants, and attendance and dashboards for Youth Ministries in-order to empower leaders and enable discipleship.
• Maintain Youth Ministry Calendar to ensure balance within the ministry area and overall church calendar as well as adequate time for marketing, volunteer recruitment, and ordering supplies. • Provides administrative needs to the Youth Ministry Team to include, but not be limited to ordering of supplies, coordinating vendors, purchasing curriculum and dissemination for weekly ministry and special events.
• Prepares financial documents and/or digital process. • Ensures budget management and financial needs of Ministry Teams are current and assists in budgeting process with Directors and Executive Director of Administration. • Attends Staff, Directors, and Youth Ministry meetings.
• Attend worship weekly • Engage in a small group for personal spiritual formation and accountability • Spend time with other youth ministers for support, networking, and sharing best practices
• Attend training / continuing education events and/or conferences along with Director of Youth Ministry
Strong interpersonal skills, high energy, ability to work on a team, goal-oriented, proficient in technology enabling the streamlining of processes and procedures, strong organizational skills, ability to adapt to fast pace/changing environments, solution finder.
St. Luke's UMC
St. Luke's UMC is a large vibrant church in Southwestern Orlando. We are an open and affirming congregation. We are known for sustainable and transformative missions, excellent worship, and unique ministry with the arts and arts community.
Our Vision: That the believers of St. Luke’s United Methodist Church will reach as many people as possible in Central Florida introducing them to eternal life in Jesus Christ. Together, we commit to worship, connect, care, and grow as Disciples, to serve in revealing the Kingdom of God.
Our Core Values: At our center is the love of Jesus Christ.
We value Christ-Centered:
Acceptance: We recognize that Christ’s love has no boundaries.
Hospitality: We welcome all to share Christ’s love through help, hope, and healing
Community: We claim a sacred place where Christ’s love unites all to support and care for others while nurturing a personal relationship with God.
Discipleship: We believe we are called to be living representatives of Jesus Christ and bring others to know God’s mercy, justice, grace, and love.
Service: We respond to Christ’s love and God’s call, by sharing our time, talents, tithes, spiritual gifts, and resources.