We're located at 217 Underwood rd Mcminnville Tn 37110Sign in to contact Christ Community Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Children's Ministry
- is Non-denominational
- has an average worship attendance of 85
Job at Christ Community Church
Christ Community Church is seeking to fill a Full-time position responsible for overseeing all aspects of student ministries K-12. The candidate will be primarily responsible for Junior and Senior High programs (6-12) with secondary responsibilities regarding the K-5 programs.
The youth pastor must have a love for God, a love for teenagers, and a pastoral heart to see them grow in their relationship with Christ.
In addition, the following are required: General Qualifications
- Must be a born-again Christian - Meeting the 1 Timothy 3, Titus 1, and 1 Peter 5 qualifications for church leaders - Commitment to CCC doctrine, vision, values, and beliefs - Pastoral philosophy of equipping and discipling - Commitment to a team approach to ministry - Strong teacher with a love for God’s word - Relational style of leadership and ministry - Joyful spirit and good sense of humor - Able to work without direct supervision - General availability to Senior / Associate Pastor, parents and youth workers of the church - Experience as a youth pastor in a church with a youth group preferred - GED or High School Diploma required, continued education preferred
The youth pastor must have the ability and willingness to:
- Manage a team of volunteer leaders - Engage parents as vital partners in children/youth program - Teach and preach to youth and leaders in small and large settings - Communicate well with parents and come along side families, especially in times of crisis - Relate to the unique needs of teenagers - Work with other ministries within church
- Work with other Likeminded churches in community to further the Kingdom in our community - Attend to the day-to-day activities of the church such as but not limited to answering phone, printing ministry documents, ordering and stocking supplies, visiting, calendar planning, etc…
- Ensure that the children/youth ministry is functioning in an effective, focused manner - Recruit, train, and mobilize a ministry team of adults for the children/youth ministry - Work with Pastor to achieve the collectively articulated goals of the ministry - Follow through with the volunteer screening process to ensure a competent and qualified body of volunteer adults - Submit an annual budget - Oversee the expenditures of the budget allocated towards the children/youth ministries - Oversee fund-raising efforts for children/youth ministries trips - Fill in for pastor to preach when called upon - Serve as the administrator over the entire youth department (K-12th) by planning events/fundraisers that align with the purpose and vision of the church - Must be able to delegate responsibility to appropriate children/youth workers and children/youth - Develop comprehensive, well-balanced biblical instruction and programming for growth opportunities - Assume the role as primary teacher/preacher and provide teaching opportunities to other qualified adults - Assume the responsibility for teaching Junior High & High School Sunday School - Provide periodic retreat opportunities for both Junior and Senior High students, including Vacation Bible School activities as appropriate - Ensure that competent adult leadership is available, not only to supervise, but to build relationships at all youth events
- Work with Senior Pastor to develop a program designed to equip Junior and Senior High students and adult volunteers to do the work of the ministry - Provide opportunities for Junior and Senior High student ministry teams to form - Provide opportunities for the training and discipling of youth leaders Children’s Ministries - Serve on the Diaconate Team, working closely with a team of people to handle issues of scheduling, policy, and planning that affect the overall children’s/Youth program at CCC - Stay connected with the leaders in each ministry area (Sunday School, Nursery, and Vacation Bible School) serving as a resource and support person - See that administrative policies such as the volunteer screening, background checks, ability to plan events, Wednesday Night Outreach budget, etc., are followed within all children’s/Youth programs - Work with the Senior Pastor and staff informed of any pertinent situations that arise regarding Children/Youth - Attend Diaconate meetings as an active member reporting on the Children/Youth’s progress
If you are interested, please send your resume along with three references and other information to
[email protected] Please include “Youth Pastor Search” in the subject line of your email
We are a small church looking to grow and reach our community with the Good News! Our Church is very loving and open to ideas to reach the lost and support our community.