We're located at 301 SW Woods Chapel Rd, Blue Springs, MO 64015Sign in to contact First United Methodist Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is United Methodist
- has an average worship attendance of 350
Job at First United Methodist Church
First United Methodist Church is a 150 year old church in Blue Springs that prides itself on being a church
for all generations! We’re seeking a full-time Youth Director to oversee our student ministry, Impact
Youth, for 6th-12th grade students. Our dream is that this leader will build up these programs, reach new
families, and provide vision and direction with the ultimate goal of helping young people become active
followers of Christ.
The ideal candidate for this position is…
● Experienced in student ministry (ideally with 3+ years leading in this capacity) ● Strategically minded and able to think years down the road ● Familiar with United Methodist theology (or willing to learn) ● Administratively skilled and able to build systems that empower others ● Excellent at raising up volunteer leaders and building strong teams ● Relationally gifted and understanding of the importance of sharing their life with others ● Ideally holds a Bachelor’s degree in a related field Duties Include:
● Developing and implementing a strategic vision for youth in coordination with the NextGen Director and our children’s ministry.
● Leading, recruiting, and equipping volunteers to oversee youth programming on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings.
● Acquiring, developing, and implementing curriculum for weekly programming and our confirmation program.
● Attending staff meetings and any other strategic meeting assigned by NextGen Director. ● Establishing effective communication to families and actively staying in touch through multiple channels.
● Keeping up to date with “Safe Gatherings” certification and ensuring that appropriate safety and security procedures are followed at all times.
Other duties include:
● Working with our Missions Coordinator to plan summer mission trips and/or camp ● Helping lead in weekend worship services when scheduling allows ● Being involved in some form of adult small group or discipleship group ● Maintaining personal spiritual disciplines necessary for vibrant spiritual leadership Lines of Accountability
The Youth Director will report to the NextGen Director for the purpose of work evaluation and review.
This position is finally accountable to the Leadership Council of First United Methodist Church and has
direct access to that committee when desired. A written copy of employee policies, guidelines, benefits,
and holidays are on file in the Church office and can be requested.
We want you to love being part of the team at First United Methodist Church. Here’s what we will
● Salary of $40,000. ● Medical insurance ● At least 15 Paid-Time Off (PTO) days per year. ● Pension benefit of 4% of annual salary (after 12 months) We would love to hear more about you, so please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
We're a 150 year old church that has a rich history but continues to invite those looking for an active faith in Christ.