We're located at 646 W 5th Street, Winston Salem, NC 27101Sign in to contact Centenary United Methodist Church
This is a job in…
- Children's Ministry
- is United Methodist
- has an average worship attendance of 700
Job at Centenary United Methodist Church
Great hospitality and organizational skills with a love for the beyond the scenes work of ministry
The Children’s Ministry Assistant works under the direction of and with the Associate Minister with Children to support a comprehensive and holistic ministry to children and their families in Christian Education, spiritual formation, faith development, worship, evangelism, mission and outreach.
1. Serve as primary administrative support to the Associate Minister in the execution of children’s
ministry at Centenary.
2. With the communications department, promote information and communication about children’s
ministry with parents, children and the church using the weekly email, bulletin announcements, social
media and other avenues.
3. In conjunction with the Associate Minister prepare and communicate resources and curriculum for
Sunday School ministry.
4. Provide appropriate levels of administrative staff support and guidance to Children’s Council Team Leaders and the ministry areas they resource. This includes but is not limited to:
a. Coordinating Backpack Ministry food pick ups and deliveries
b. Acquiring and organizing physical and volunteer resources for ministry events and programming
c. Creating and managing registrations for events
5. Participate in staff meetings, leadership meetings and the general life of the church, collaborating with the other staff members to complement the Children’s Ministries with all other areas of church ministry.
1. Experience: Staff or volunteer experience as a part of a successful children’s ministry or educational setting.
2. Excellent organizational skills. Must be able to prioritize and balance multiple projects.
3. Basic computer skills and willingness to learn new software to assist with programming.
4. Demonstrated strategic thinking and performance.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work in a team environment with all levels within the organization.
6. Primary gifts of administration, discernment, and encouragement are necessary.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by persons assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities required.
Centenary United Methodist Church
We are a downtown church with a long history known for excellent worship as well as music and the arts. We have recently completed a renovation of our children's and youth ministry spaces and are excited to families reconnecting with the church.