We're located at 207 E Bankhead Street, New Albany MS 38652Sign in to contact First United Methodist Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is United Methodist
- has an average worship attendance of 300
Job at First United Methodist Church
Full-time position working with grade 6-12 from multiple schools throughout the area. There are roughly 75 active in attendance any given week and almost 100 that we are in contact with regularly.
• 2 or 4 year college education minimum • Youth ministry experience preferred • A deep sense of calling to youth ministry • Self-driven but team oriented • Salary commensurate upon experience.
The Youth Minister will be in charge of all aspects of the youth ministry, and will not be micro-managed into following through with responsibilities. However, there are certain expectations that need to be highlighted:
• Relationship Development – This is crucial to the success of the next few items. This includes building trust/rapport with each student and their parents, going to ballgames/events, regular “random” outings with groups of students, hospital visits when necessary, etc.
• Spiritual Development – We expect our students to grow into loving, functional Believers of Jesus who can feed themselves as young adults in the faith.
• Leadership Development – Help students to discover and better understand their spiritual gifting and calling from Jesus. This happens by exposing them to different types of ministry opportunities inside and outside the church walls, and empowering them to lead within the ministry itself.
• Volunteer Development – Equipping and growing the volunteer base is critical to make sure the job does not become overwhelming. This will also allow for better relationship development. The more adults in a student’s life, the better.
• Retreats and Mission Trips – Most students make life-long faith decisions, discover their callings, and build deeper relationships when they are outside the four walls of the building. • Weekly Youth Gatherings – Most churches see these as the core of the youth ministry. They are valuable in that it is where teaching, worship, and relationships happen on a regular basis. However, this is ultimately the launchpad to do the important work that’s above this particular expectation. Make it good and fun, but see it as a conduit to the deeper work of youth ministry.
First United Methodist Church
Our, Youth group is thriving with a diverse group of ages and students from all of New Albany. It is a top priority of the church. Our church stives to have missions in our local community and the communities aboard.