We're located in NashvilleSign in to contact First Presbyterian Church Nashville
This is a job in…
- Children's Ministry
- Christian Education
- Family Ministry
- is Presbyterian (PCUSA)
- has an average worship attendance of 500
Job at First Presbyterian Church Nashville
Elementary & Ministry Events Coordinator
JOB TITLE: Elementary & Ministry Events Coordinator
MINISTRY: Children’s Ministry
SUPERVISOR: Assistant Director of Faith Formation
FLSA STATUS: Full-time / Salaried / Exempt
WORK HOURS: During regular church office hours plus weekends and some evenings/overnight
POSITION SUMMARY: The Elementary & Ministry Events Coordinator is responsible for the nurture and care of our young disciples of Jesus Christ, 1st-6th grade, through age-appropriate ministries of faith formation for children and their parents, as well as performing logistical support for major events and the broader Children’s Ministry. Experiences will demonstrate the way of Jesus by creating relationships and resources that strengthen parents’ connection to their children as their primary spiritual nurturers. This includes the elements of learning, knowing, and putting faith into action, thereby fulfilling the mission of the church: to know Christ, to make Him known, and exhibit His love through worship, education, and service.
• Oversee 1st-6th grade programming by providing leadership, logistical support, and encouragement to volunteers and Children’s Ministry staff. • Cultivate an environment for 1st–6th grade that creates a community with an emphasis on friendship, vulnerability, celebration, and worship. • Teach weekly in an Elementary Sunday School large group space. • Lead regular preteen and Elementary parties to encourage connection and service. • Work with Youth Ministry to create a seamless transition from Children’s Ministry to Youth Ministry. • Partner with the Assistant Director to present the gospel to both believers and unbelievers in an age-appropriate manner through the implementation of curriculum, games, music, and small groups. • Manage, edit, prepare, and distribute Elementary (1st-6th) curriculum. • Provide consistent and thorough feedback, data, and input to direct superiors on how to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of Elementary programming and Children’s Ministry as a whole.
MAJOR EVENTS AND LOGISTICS
• Assist with all major events including “all church” Events, Family Ministry events, and Children’s Ministry events. • Partner with Children’s Staff on all aspects of Elementary Milestone celebrations. • Interact and communicate with event vendors as needed. • Learn and maintain the essential systems of Children’s Ministry to ensure that all measures are taken to keep them sustainable, operational, and thriving. • Support the mission and vision of First Presbyterian Church by participating in the life of the church and “all-church” events.
PARENTS AND VOLUNTEERS
• Cultivate intentional relationships with parents to support them as the primary spiritual nurturers of their children. • Participate in regular recruiting efforts, create a culture of “surrogate” families, and share the vision of Children’s Ministry with the entire church community. • Develop relationships with parents and volunteers to encourage, equip, train, and support them as they create a web of connections around kids at First Presbyterian Church. • Manage the Acolytes volunteer system.
• Pursue an intimate relationship with God, including daily times of devotion, prayer, and growth in Christian maturity. • Meet regularly with the Director and Assistant Director to continue to grow in professional development and to implement both short-term and long-term goals that accomplish the vision of Children’s Ministry. • Partner with the Assistant Director on changing demographics and methodologies needed to reach children within the ministry.
• College degree preferred. • Minimum of two years’ experience working with children or youth. • An active, growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Knowledge of the bible and an ability to integrate the Christian faith into day-to-day work in a way that brings about the advancement of the gospel, required. • Presbyterian, with a working knowledge of the polity and program of the Presbyterian Church (USA), preferred.
• Demonstrates a warm and caring nature towards both children and adults. • Understands developmentally appropriate practices for ministry with this age group. • Ability to work independently, prioritize and manage time, and multi-task. • Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. • Experience with data management software preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Walking to playgrounds and monitoring play on equipment are necessary components of the job. Talking and interacting with children in play are also required. The work environment is consistent with normal childcare situations, including outdoor playground times in varying weather. Exposure to communicable diseases is a factor.
The heartbeat of First Presbyterian Church’s family is the worship of Almighty God. Worship is our response to what God has done for us in Jesus Christ. Our worship services are rooted in the Reformed tradition, Biblical in shape and substance and centered in the grace of God revealed in Jesus Christ. We hold traditional worship services Sundays at 8:30 and 11:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary.
At first glance, First Presbyterian Church of Nashville may seem a large, sprawling place. Yes, the campus is large and finding your destination may take a little bit of research, but those new to the church — of every age and every stage of life — will find a caring group of inquiring Christians and a variety of programs that fit the needs of individuals and families.